Do You Use Shelf Paper?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm.... I wonder if my mother will come paper may shelves? :lol: Probably not since hers aren't done. I remember her doing that when I was a kid; but not in the house she's been in +20 years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When we moved into the house we're in now, we had wallpapered the bathroom. We had extra wallpaper left over, so we used it on bathroom shelves and drawers, just didn't paste it down. It was vinyl and really easy for me to wipe.

betsygee betsygee It was fun to work with my parents doing things like that. And I remember when she got a "bee in her bonnet" that the entire house needed to be repainted. Every room, all the ceilings, all the walls. I was sitting at the kitchen table with Mom and Dad one morning drinking coffee; I always stopped in in the morning on my way home from working third shift. Mom turned to me and said, "When are you off work again?" And I said, "Why? What do you want me to do?" "Well, this house needs painted!" I looked at Dad and asked, "When?" And Dad and I spent two days painting the rooms in the house. It was fun. I never had a problem helping Mom and Dad do stuff around their house.

And when my parents down-sized and moved into an apt, once we got them moved in, I went up and papered her pantry closet, kitchen, and bath. It's what we did, I guess.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I do use shelf paper in the the kitchen, bathroom and bureau drawers. Now that I think about it, I started replacing some last year and never finished.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Re-doing the spice shelves inspired me to clean up and organize the other shelves and cupboards in the kitchen and it's turned into a massive project of reorganizing and tossing stuff no longer needed. It was long overdue but... :runaround: