do you think they know?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither of my cats seemed to pick up on anything. As a matter of fact, I told them that in their own way they were lucky to be oblivious.

On the other hand, when Tropical Storm Gabrielle blew through here yesterday and today, they were both visibly upset. Animals can sense stuff with the weather. Squirt was meowing all morning on Friday before the storm actually got bad here.

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with Boo, I think our pets take their cue from us and react accordingly. If our mood or routine has changed, our cats will act accordingly

miss whitney

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have always heard animals can sense things that are happening in their surroundings. Smokey was nervous all day that Tropical Storm Gabrielle was supposed to hit Florida. I mean before it even hit or before it started raining and wind blowing. When I have been sick or my husband had surgery, our pets have cuddled and been especially gentle with us.

My little dog, Skipper, used to lick my hand when I was sad or crying as a child. He just seemed to know I needed special attention and would come lay beside me looking at me with sad eyes.

As far as the tragedy of Tuesday, I think they can feel our anxiety and saddness.