Do you think our kitten and her mother have some oriental features

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fluffpot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The mother cat was beautiful and sleek. We only have the kitten now as the mother was taken from us by a car that hit her

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The mother cat was beautiful and sleek. We only have the kitten now
Yes, there may be possibly some Oriental ancestry.  Or a modern siamese.  siameses are near akin to oritentals, and a siamese mixed out will directly miss the masque...

And siameses are more common than orientals...

The pattern is called for Harlequin,  or possibly Van pattern if you wish.   (Van pattern- splotches on head and colored tail. White in rest. Harlequin same, but also some splotches on the backside).

This pattern is rather strong, its not unusual a Van patterned mom gets all her kittens van patterned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fluffpot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you StephanZ for your feedback. That was very enlightening. You seem very knowledgeable about cat breeds. I'm not a snob when it comes to cats as I have only ever had moggies through choice. As long as they are affectionate and happy that is all I want in a cat. It is interesting to here others views on our cats as I felt their body shapes were a little different from our usual cats (pointy faces, big ears, long legs, slights bow legged at the front, long tails, and slender bodies, very vocal and attention seeking).