Do you think my cat is a Bengal mix?

tabbykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
Could any of the experienced cat people tell me if my girl might have some Bengal in her? The rescue group said she was a Bengal mix and her foster mom said one of the vets who examined her thought she might be full Bengal but I highly doubt that. She is small and a little chunky and she really doesn't have any of the Bengal characteristics except she can be very vocal at times and her fur is very dense and super soft, more than any other cat I've had. I'm attaching photos of different angles.
Thank you for any insight! :)

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
These marbles could come from a bengal Ancestor... But there are also some other breeds whose classic tabby are quite a fancy...

So, yeah, its probable there is an Ancestor... Bengal or other... Lets say bengal, its the simplest explanation if we dont have sure proofs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
These marbles could come from a bengal Ancestor... But there are also some other breeds whose classic tabby are quite a fancy...

So, yeah, its probable there is an Ancestor... Bengal or other... Lets say bengal, its the simplest explanation if we dont have sure proofs.
Thanks for your reply! I was also wondering if she could have some American Shorthair in her with the swirls. It looks like she has faint rosettes on both thighs so that's another reason I'm leaning towards a bengal mix. I heard that only bengals have rosettes. Also, when I first met her at the foster home, she moved and ran around so quickly, unlike any other cat I've met.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for your reply! I was also wondering if she could have some American Shorthair in her with the swirls. It looks like she has faint rosettes on both thighs so that's another reason I'm leaning towards a bengal mix. I heard that only bengals have rosettes. Also, when I first met her at the foster home, she moved and ran around so quickly, unlike any other cat I've met.
American Shorthair cats come in all different colors and patterns. The breed is defined more by the shape of the head and body type.

I don't see any features in your kitty that are exclusive to either Bengals or American Shorthairs. I would call her a DSH (Domestic Shorthair) with a classic tabby pattern. Whatever you call her, she's gorgeous. What is her name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
American Shorthair cats come in all different colors and patterns. The breed is defined more by the shape of the head and body type.

I don't see any features in your kitty that are exclusive to either Bengals or American Shorthairs. I would call her a DSH (Domestic Shorthair) with a classic tabby pattern. Whatever you call her, she's gorgeous. What is her name?
Thanks for your reply! Her name is Roxie.