Do You Think Judge Judy Is "Mean"??

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ill re-post that there is no harm im pulling a fun topic like this up again its a general chat type topic!
Yup!  We have some threads that have been around for ages and get resurrected every now and then.  Remember the old undie thread?

I've walked away for forums too.  Some people loose their filter when they are online.  And some don't remember that you can't tell someones tone through typing and don't think before they speak!

denise mackie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can we please not mock the Goddess that is JJ????  She is amazing, says it like it is, kicks people to the kerb, and totally validates everything I feel and believe about human beings.  If it doesn't make sense it's not true!  Beauty fades, dumb is forever!!! Brilliant little gems if you ask me, and to be fair, some of those people need belittling and taking down a peg or two!   I love JJ!!!

bluebo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She cracks me up sometimes. I think she tells people what others are afraid to say.
I love judge Judy! She's kind of psycho and annoying sometimes but in general I love her... Lol

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I think she's mean, the name calling is out of line. At times she seems to form an opinion early on and it doesn't matter what the person has to say they have no chance of winning their case.
Well she states from minute 1 she's read 2 written submissions from each side, which of course we never get to see- I assume these, especially anything fuzzy or contradictorye, steer her harder questioning, especially if she doesn't receive a straightforward answer to a simple question.

The name-calling is probably an occasional thing with her in real life; I would wager the show's producers want all that crotchety stuff amplified for entertainment value. One time, however, I was appalled by what she told a mother whose son (young man) died. She _yelled_ she ought to be grieving instead of trying to recover property/$ or words to that effect. The words were highly inappropriate IMO, but her _tone_ was even worse!.. awful. However she does have skill in sniffing lies and when truths are stretched, etc.

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We watch Judge Judy all the time and really like her a lot. Some of her phrases have filtered into our lives. The best one is "put on your listening ears". That's what I tell Paul all the time when he is not paying attention to what I'm saying. All I have to say is "what would Judge Judy say?" Do you notice that she likes to use the word "ridiculous" a lot? Judge Judy has a home here in Naples, Fl -- from what I understand it's in a very very expensive area.