Do you think it is wrong to change a cats name?

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i have just changed my new cats name from oscar to sky, he's taken to it really well

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

I think it's ok to call her whatever you want. So long as you're taking care of her, which you are, she'll have what she really needs. I think she needs an old name. From Shakespeare. I say.....Bianca. That'd be my pick. But you should name her something that you think just suits her.
wasn't Bianca a strumpet? (thought i'd use the Shakespearian terminology!)

I wanted to re-name maverick delilah but my family refused to let me name a cat after a biblical *****!

nippers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Give her a few days. Our cats have the names they were born with and those that they earned over the course of thier life.

Nips

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

wasn't Bianca a strumpet? (thought i'd use the Shakespearian terminology!)

I wanted to re-name maverick delilah but my family refused to let me name a cat after a biblical *****!
Bianca was a piece of work, wasn't she? But that cutie looks like she'll cause trouble and then bat her eyes at you like "I have caused trouble but look how beautiful I am...you cannot resist me"
. Anyway, at least it was Katerina and not Bianca that was the shrew....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jlforbess

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

If you end up naming her Syrup, she and my Waffle would just HAVE to be friends. It just wouldn't be right if they weren't.
It's a deal! Waffle and Syrup!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jlforbess

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you all so much! I'm REALLY leaning towards Syrup or Biance or Miette...eek! Decision Decisions Decision!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's young I'd say go for it, but she looks like she at least 2. I wouldn't change it now. If you do however, call her when it's tim eto eat so she will learn her new name.