Do you tend to be more outgoing....

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

.......In real life it can be hard to find those folks who are as excited about the same things as you - especially if you have odd interests. If you can't discuss sports or the latest American Idol or Survivor...
OH don't ya just know!! That is so true! Like explaining why I find it funny that Saba presents her rear to Sasha, who is fixed and shooting blanks, and why this scenario is so adorable at the watercooler instead of March Madness or something!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elizabeth - don't you love those odd stares you get? And the quick departures when you start talking about your cats?

There are some folks out there who need to be fixed so they will shoot blanks - IMO.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Elizabeth! Perhaps we share some strange, rare gene?!?
Yes, city life can really drag me down... and no matter how hard some people try to make me, I'm not much of conformist in the corporate world.

Originally Posted by sashacat421

This is EXACTLY ME. Thanks Jenn!!!!
So my activity on TCS usually reflects just that: some times I post alot and am lively and feel extroverted and other I am too winded from work and just read read read, kinda curl up into myself. I can be a bit of a loner and go my own way. I don't run with the pack.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay Ryan, that hammer part made me break out in a fit of laughter for some strange reason.
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I am obviously introverted, but if you were friends with me in real life you would find me kidding around the same as I do on here.
(except without a hammer)

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

Wow, Elizabeth! Perhaps we share some strange, rare gene?!?
Yes, city life can really drag me down... and no matter how hard some people try to make me, I'm not much of conformist in the corporate world.
Underline that rare gene thing - I like that!! har har.
And I love Aristotle -I wanted to marry him but I was born 2000 years too late.

I play the daily game pretty well, although I love to get all dressy for work and then take the pick up truck to our downtown garage. We're between Banana Republic and Kennth Cole. How's that?!
I hate the city, that's why I put up with a 90 minute commute each way just to hear roosters in the morning, and we have a new baby goat down our street this spring! At home in MV, I never have to talk to anyone and I can be my loner self. I honestly think I'm the most social right here at TCS!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jan
Let me tell you, am I ever familiar with THAT!

Yeah, so it's okay to talk about no-brainer trash TV that someone with a labotomy could appreciate, but it's seen as "strange" to express gratitude when an animal can bring sheer JOY into your life...

I mean, what is TRULY more meaningful, and really, who TRULY needs therapy?!?
Some people just don't "get it". But that's okay, I don't mind. Let them get lost in Survivorland.

Originally Posted by gemlady

Elizabeth - don't you love those odd stares you get? And the quick departures when you start talking about your cats?

There are some folks out there who need to be fixed so they will shoot blanks - IMO.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aristotle, your match made in ancient Greece!
Talking about "ethics", I think Spinoza would have been my type of guy, getting excommunicated from his religion and all.

Roosters in the morning... ahhh, reminds of my youth spent in rural Southern Alberta.
Nice. I think the last time I saw a goat (albeit of the mountain variety) was when I lived in the Rockies. Geez, sounds like I'm really missing out!

I'm definitely enjoying the time I've been spending here as well, and I imagine I'll be here often... for the simple fact I have about 100 posts to respond to on the monster threat I created.

Originally Posted by sashacat421

Underline that rare gene thing - I like that!! har har.
And I love Aristotle -I wanted to marry him but I was born 2000 years too late.

I play the daily game pretty well, although I love to get all dressy for work and then take the pick up truck to our downtown garage. We're between Banana Republic and Kennth Cole. How's that?!
I hate the city, that's why I put up with a 90 minute commute each way just to hear roosters in the morning, and we have a new baby goat down our street this spring! At home in MV, I never have to talk to anyone and I can be my loner self. I honestly think I'm the most social right here at TCS!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm fairly the same here as I am in real life. Though, it probably depends on the situation. When I was very young (think 5) I was painfully shy but each year it's changed more and more. For the most part I'll talk to most people if I feel the need, but if I'm in large crowds where I only know one or two people I'm not likely to randomly walk up to someone and start a conversation (that is unless I'm aided by alcohol
, in which case I am everyone's best friend and you'll never get me to stop dancing so you might as well not even try
).

G

ghostuser

I tend to be more cautious here than in real life. I'm about the same - reserved unless I think I have something to say that's worthwhile. (Which is so totally not the case most times. Open mouth - insert foot.)

The reason why I tend to me more cautious here is because I never know who I'm talking to. I don't want to offend anyone, and I can't watch a person's face to tell when I'm close to stepping over the line of their decency.

I'm a mediator in real life. Have been since I was a year old. (Used to walk between my mom and dad when they were fighting and yell "Top! Top!", according the stories I was told.) I do it now between my mom and grandparents, friends who are fighting, even at the shelter. I like to help people understand the other person's point of view, becuase I have an odd knack of seeing every side of an argument without getting personally involved. I don't like setting people off, and I'll do whatever I can to avoid it.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wodesorel

I'm a mediator in real life. Have been since I was a year old. (Used to walk between my mom and dad when they were fighting and yell "Top! Top!", according the stories I was told.) I do it now between my mom and grandparents, friends who are fighting, even at the shelter. I like to help people understand the other person's point of view, becuase I have an odd knack of seeing every side of an argument without getting personally involved. I don't like setting people off, and I'll do whatever I can to avoid it.
Lemme guess, you're a Libra? (like me!)
I think I'm more outgoing online, mainly because i'm such a perfectionist that I usually don't say ANYTHING IRL for fear I'll say the wrong thing. Here i can carefully consider my words before I post them, and even when I don't I know I can go back and edit them before EVERYone reads what a
I am, so it makes it less stressful than saying the wrong thing IRL.
And yes, I've actually gotten better about it - I'm not nearly so hard on myself as I once was.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You definitely both sound like Librans!

As for posting here at TCS, I kind of view it as a blog of sorts. Not quite, but there are key 'blog' elements to my posts.

I'm actually finding it therapeutic as I'm going through my own personal hell right now, so this provides me with a safe escape/outlet.

I'm a Virgo with Aries rising, so my need for communication is great, but I'm blunt and tactless at times.

Originally Posted by RicaLynn

Lemme guess, you're a Libra? (like me!)
I think I'm more outgoing online, mainly because i'm such a perfectionist that I usually don't say ANYTHING IRL for fear I'll say the wrong thing. Here i can carefully consider my words before I post them, and even when I don't I know I can go back and edit them before EVERYone reads what a
I am, so it makes it less stressful than saying the wrong thing IRL.
And yes, I've actually gotten better about it - I'm not nearly so hard on myself as I once was.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm more outgoing in real life I think then on here. On here I have time to edit myself while in real life I am just me unedited

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends, truthfully, I tend to be very introverted and shy in real life, until I get to know someone, then you can't shut me up! Here at TCS I tend to be more extroverted, but I think its because I feel like you guys are my friends! Oh, and I usually get even more extroverted on IM than here, believe it or not.....but that's probably because if I don't have IM on, I don't want to talk, but if I do, I'm up for a chat!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm about the same i think.

i like coming here because my friends have all labelled me "cat lady" and really dont share my love of cats. whilst its acceptable to be obsessed by men or fashion a 21year old who likes cat is looked upon strangely!