Do you tease your cat(s)?

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my cats seem to hate it or just get annoyed if I but a toy, like mouse, partly under a carpet, blanket etc. I leave the toy so that it's barely visible, and they all get crazy and start attacking it until it's not 'hidden' anymore. So if that counts, then yes, I do tease them.
And of course I like to rub their little paws and ears, specially Tomu's funny little fold ears. They don't seem to mind much though.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, not really. When Max and Speedboat were alive and lived in the house with us, I would turn on the animal channel. They would sit it front of it and watch and listen. They would look behind it and paw it. It entertained them for awhile.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play with my cats, but no I don't tease them. I don't like teasing of any kind.

My ex used to tease my cats. He'd hold their food dishes over their heads to make them beg for food. He'd dangle his keys over Baby's (rb 1/98) head because it frightened him. Stuff like that. Teasing is what bullies do.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

All of my cats seem to hate it or just get annoyed if I but a toy, like mouse, partly under a carpet, blanket etc. I leave the toy so that it's barely visible, and they all get crazy and start attacking it until it's not 'hidden' anymore. So if that counts, then yes, I do tease them.
And of course I like to rub their little paws and ears, specially Tomu's funny little fold ears. They don't seem to mind much though.
That's not hating it, that's hunting and pouncing on it. My cats prefer to chase and pounce on things that are hidden or half hidden. You're doing just what they like. Same with petting. If they didn't like it and you kept doing it, that would be teasing.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, this reminded me of a cat we had when we first got together, we got her from a rescue centre and she had a thing about washing up gloves! She loved them and I used to tease her with them, before I had knowledge on outdoor cats and the risks she was an outdoor ct and one day she came back with...a washing up glove
Next door used to hang their rugs on the fence once a fortnight and scrub them and leave the washing up gloves there
x

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'd say daddy doesn't tease Kitters and much as playfully torments her!!! She's a dancing, air guitar kitty sometimes!!!
And YET, despite all this, she loves him to death!!!! Little booger!