Do you talk about your past?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hubby and I both talk about the past. We also call it "back in the day."
We did a lot of fun stuff. Some of our "back in the day" stories overlap. Without them, we wouldn't be who we are. We've heard each others stories a billion times, but I still like hearing his. He must still like mine, he never says anything anyway.

I think part of it--for us--is we live so far from our friends, and there really is no "scene" here. No clubs. Not even any bars close enough to safely go drinking ("back in the day" we lived within walking distance--no worry of drinking & driving). No concerts (
).

"Back in the day" was fun, before we had to be "grown ups." Before we had to dress and act a certain way. Lately I think we've been too serious, and are trying to get more relaxation time (camping, going on small weekend vacations, etc). Like we used to.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Experiences from your past are part of what shaped who you are TODAY.
If it was every 5mins fair enough but I think it would be a bit odd not to talk about past experiences, friends etc.

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
Hello

I have to agree with everyone here you should be able to talk about your past without feeling guilty some men can be insecure .

You should sit down with your DH and talk but remember he might say to you there isn't anything wrong but don't give up if he decides to hold back .
We talk about our past because we have one we both had different lifes before me met I believe it is good to talk about things from your past with each other the last thing you want to hear him say to you is why didn't you tell me.
if you share all other parts of your life together then You should be able to talk about anything.....He should be your best friend.

Good Luck and I hope your talk goes well.

Lori~
Heaven