Top Cat
Purraise
I take:
  • Women's one-a-day
  • calcium chews
  • cranberry
  • vitamin c
  • acidophilis- although I'm out and I can tell
I started taking vitamins in college when I knew I didn't eat right. Now I can really tell when I don't. My husband takes vitamins too.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread came at just the right time. I'm taking some supplements, but maybe you guys can suggest some others.

I take: multivitamin (chews because i'm terrible with swallowing big pills), Vitamin D and calcium (lactose intolerant).

But, i've been working out with weights 4 times a week and cardio 2 times a week to get ready for my fitness testing for paramedic. I'm feeling a bit tired and worn-down so trying to find out what else i need to boost my energy level. My blood test came back normal iron levels.

thanks all!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

This thread came at just the right time. I'm taking some supplements, but maybe you guys can suggest some others.

I take: multivitamin (chews because i'm terrible with swallowing big pills), Vitamin D and calcium (lactose intolerant).

But, i've been working out with weights 4 times a week and cardio 2 times a week to get ready for my fitness testing for paramedic. I'm feeling a bit tired and worn-down so trying to find out what else i need to boost my energy level. My blood test came back normal iron levels.

thanks all!
B vitamins are excellent for energy... I'd try a multi B complex

Here's some info http://www.vitamins-nutrition.org/vi...-vitamins.html

Other good sites out there too, just google:
+vitamins +energy +b
got good results from that

EDIT: Oh, and if you don't want to swallow pills... they make both multivitamins and multi b complex vitamins in liquid. The cherry ones usually taste good.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Niacin is good for energy and metabolism. I take one everyday now at lunch time.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take:
Calcium, L-Lysine, Cranberry, Vitamin-B complex, Centrum chewables, and Vitamin-C chewables (only once in awhile). I take the L-Lysine in the am (with my other pills) and the rest at night. Keeps my stomach from getting upset.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

B vitamins are excellent for energy... I'd try a multi B complex

Here's some info http://www.vitamins-nutrition.org/vi...-vitamins.html

Other good sites out there too, just google:
+vitamins +energy +b
got good results from that

EDIT: Oh, and if you don't want to swallow pills... they make both multivitamins and multi b complex vitamins in liquid. The cherry ones usually taste good.
Thanks for the information. I was standing in the supplement section at the pharmacy feeling a little overwhelmed. I'll definitely check into a B complex (in liquid form!). I think i may need to boost the amount of protein i'm eating too.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

Thanks for the information. I was standing in the supplement section at the pharmacy feeling a little overwhelmed. I'll definitely check into a B complex (in liquid form!). I think i may need to boost the amount of protein i'm eating too.
for protein supplementation, check out Champion Whey Stack protein powder or Syntrax's Nectar powders. both mix pretty easily with liquids [water, juice, etc.] & i think are 2 of the best tasting proteins on the market today. Champion makes a good chocolate, & Nectar's strawberry-kiwi, roadside lemonade & natural peach flavors are 3 of my favorites...

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

for protein supplementation, check out Champion Whey Stack protein powder or Syntrax's Nectar powders. both mix pretty easily with liquids [water, juice, etc.] & i think are 2 of the best tasting proteins on the market today. Champion makes a good chocolate, & Nectar's strawberry-kiwi, roadside lemonade & natural peach flavors are 3 of my favorites...
Thanks so much. I've noted those down. I'm trying to use up the whey powder i have now, but it mixes very thick and lumpy (no matter what i do!)...makes it a little hard to swallow!! I'll definitely look for the strawberry-kiwi!