Do you suffer from depression?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have suffered through bouts of depression off & on throughout my life, but never anything that was debilitating. But several years ago I was involved with an abusive mentally ill ex-boyfriend, and during that relationship and afterwards, my drepression became severe, and it was interferring with my life. It eased up some after the relationship was over, but not entirely. For awhile it was becoming more severe again, and I was to the point where I just didn't care about much of anything anymore, and felt miserable almost all of the time (there were also other contributing factors that added to my depression, but mostly it was due to PTSD from the abusive relationship, and anxiety attacks caused by stress). My doc put me on Xanaxx for the anxiety attacks, and just recently prescribed Effexor for the depression: but I never started taking the Effexor, b/c I'm afraid to take anything that will mess with my head. And the depression has eased up somewhat - at least enough to the point where it isn't consistant, and I can pretty much deal with it on my own. I still have really bad days where I can't stand to be around other people or even myself for that matter, but the episodes aren't as frequent anymore.

Depression does run in my family, and most of my family members have suffered from it at some point in their life. But in my case, mine didn't become severe till after the abusive ex-b/f: he put me through more horrors than I could have ever imagined, and I doubt I'll ever be the same again...

~KK~