Do you smoke?

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its the worst thing that could happen to in pubs, see i both agree and disagree with the smoking ban I agree with it in everywhere other than pubs, ok so i like going home and not needing to go straight into the shower but its killed off the pub trade a lot of pubs have had to shut because of money loss.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goonie

DH has never smoked. i had told him that i'd quit. i would try and sneak one here or there when he was out of the house and somehow he'd always catch me.
A non smoker can tell if another person has so much as walked through someone elses cloud of smoke since our noses actually work.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I smoked 2 packs a day for about 20 years. Tried to quit 3 times before I finally succeeded. It was very difficult. And to this day, there are times when, for some reason, the craving for a cigarette hits and I would kill just for one cigarette. Not going to happen.

I can smell it now on people, in their cars, in their homes, etc. But I don't believe in a sermon and won't create a scene if people smoke in front of me.

I'm watching my father die from emphysema....it's not pretty and I can see how he struggles to breathe. We're hoping that he is able to stay with us for one last Christmas, but I don't see that happening. He is on morphine now for the pain. He smoked 2-1/2 packs a day for about 60 years or so.

bazkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Never have, and as a nonsmoker, can tell when someone or something comes from a smoking environment. Have run across too many inconsiderate smokers, but have also run across some considerate ones that have asked if it bothers me.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Nope.
Lost a grandfather to lung cancer when I was 12, so that made quite the impact on me. I'm also allergic to cigarette smoke, so picking it up never even crossed my mind.

rescue-mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I quit Dec.2008 just before i had back surgery and now i am sad to say i smoke when i go out for my girls night 1x a month

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im a smoker, BF and I were going to quit when we needed to cut back on money since we were buying 2 packs a day (one for each of us). His non-smoker brother actually told us to start rolling our own so we went from $300 a month to roughly $30 bucks a month rolling our own smokes. We find it really odd that his brother and gf dont smoke but the actually like the smell of smoke so they encourage us to smoke in their vehicles when we all go somewhere. Really odd.

When we go places like BFs dads house or Grams we dont smoke at all and if we have to take Gram somewhere we wont smoke the whole way to her how and keep a window down to air out the car so it doesnt smell horribly. We do try and be as considerate as possible when we are around non smokers even in our own house. We also dont litter our cigarette butts when we are out and about I actually have a spotin my purse where we will put the butts till we get home then throw them away.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents were heavy smokers when I was young. They decided that it was getting expensive and it was unhealthy, so they saw a hypnotist. They haven't smoked at all since.

I was 9 when they quit, but because my brothers were older, they became smokers. I heard they're both trying to quit now. I'm rooting for them!!!

I just never had the desire to smoke. *shrug*