Do you sleep with your cat?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, I'm just worrying too much about rolling over onto kitty in my sleep?  My brother never had an issue with his cat... and neither do all of you folks.  Believe me, I want to be wrong on this one.

I have never mashed one yet and I sleep with between 3 and 5 on a standard bed.  Of course, they sometimes kick ME off the bed.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I slept with a tiny kitten for the first time I realised I was sort of aware of it and didn't move as much as normal.  I also find when I roll over the cats cuddle up and slowly move me to the edge of the bed!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-move me to the edge of the bed!

LOL! That's funny, just last night, I woke up close to the edge of the bed, while Angel was stretched out down beside my leg, "In the middle of the bed."   He protested as I scooted him over, so I could move back over. I said, "Well, your gonna scoot me off the bed!" "Little stinker!"

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats lock me into place rather than scoot me off my bed. It used to be one cat on either side of my legs, locking my legs into place. Recently, Memphis has been sleeping pressed up against my chest with Tails still sleeping nestled behind my knees. It's far more efficient at making sure I can't move, which I swear is what the little stinkers are going for!

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few at least who sleep with me. Delilah is a guarantee. Everynight before bed I will read or watch tv until I am ready to go to sleep. Delilah spends this time snuggled up on my chest. When I am tired and turn everything off I have to roll over onto my side. I just hug Delilah and roll over, she snuggles into me and we sleep like that for the rest of the night. Boo is always somewhere by my feet. Penelope will come to bed after I turn everything off she sleeps somewhere touching me, usually on my pillow. Panda will end up snuggled against my legs at some point. The rest will sleep either somewhere on the bed or if it is too crowded for them they sleep in various places around my room. If Lily ends up on the bed it is a surprise. She is still skittish and rarely allows me to touch her, so her on the bed with me is always a shock.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my nose started bleeding when my cat would sleep with me. it wasnt heavy bleeding but id sneeze so much id bleed. she now sleeps on her bed or steals into other peoples bed in the house. i can hold and kiss her, but i start sneezing right away.

tomcatpc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, both of our cats sleep with us most of the time, at least in the cooler weather.  In the Summer, they sleep in a box I made for them, or where ever they feel like.  Dunkirk sometimes sleeps under the bed, esp. when we first got him, but he is sleeping in the bed more and more now.  Circe sleeps beside my Wife most of the time (mainly because she turns on the mattress heater on her side and I don't).  Dunkirk sleeps down at our feet most of the time, and sometimes Circe joins him down there.  When I am sleeping alone in the daytime due to work schedule, Circe sometimes sleeps beside me, wedges herself into my side and starts to purr like a VW Microbus with a bad exhaust LOL, she is quite the little snugglepuss at times.  Dunkirk will get up to remind me that is is close to dinner time by walking on my head, jumping on us, etc. LOL, he does this anywhere from 2-5 AM mind you LOL, but I can deal with that.

Mark

Last edited:

frappe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We would love to be able to sleep with Java in our bed. We really tried, but it just never worked out. She is super crazy at night and loves to randomly attack the evil air coming out of our noses. Silly, but just not conducive to a healthy sleep pattern. Since shutting our door, she has never whined or made a big deal out of it so we don't feel too bad.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we go to bed for the night, we have a routine- Lights off, doors locked, TV off, and oh yea- the cats brought into the bed and tucked in. It's a must in our house!!

daisy the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newport Beach, California http://www.facebook.com/
daisy sleeps where ever she wants to and we let her do whatever she wants to except not to go outside or maybe if she got curious about something that could cause her harm. indoors kitties get borred so we have mulitple places for daisy to climb and play and sleep. she sleeps with me sometimes (mostly) sometimes by her daddy and sometimes in her favorite beds. she has her own livingroom chair she sleeps in too. i have a xtra large carrier and a medium size carrier all fixed up with cute toys hanging and pretty kitty blankets and babies inside too. the doors are proped open and she loves to go in them too. it's good to make your carriers available and attractive too so when they need to go to the vet ect. that they are comfortable and not afraid to go inside. daisy actually feels secure in hers and at the vet she tries to stay inside them and the vet is very sweet and looks at her while she is inside her carrier many times to make her feel safer. people who won't let their animals sleep with them, i wonder how much of an animal person they really are? and our babies should always be groomed and no fleas if we love them.

daisy the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newport Beach, California http://www.facebook.com/
you should take some generic benedryl and i may of misspelled that! daisy is just like a baby, she mostly sleeps on her chair which is only two steps over to me. when she wakes up, she steps over to me and walks up my body to my chest and starts doing air bisquits on my neck putting her face under my hair which is down to my waist. i think she thinks it's mama kitty fur. sometimes she does it for 15 minutes straight. i always just hope my neck isn't getting all scraped up. and if it does, so be it. if people asked what it was, i'd tell them and if they didn't like it then it's their problem. she always wants to be held for a few minutes like a human baby when they wake up. we are so terribly bonded and i get as much out  of it as she does. it's pure love that humans aren't capable of . sorry. it's how i feel.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To many cats to sleep with them all.  I would have to have a few king size beds lol.  Sleep with 1 cat and one dog. 

7irishkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband always goes to bed first but the babies wait until I go upstairs before they go.  Elsa is the only one that sleeps on the bed.  Snuggles sleeps with my son and Phoebe sleeps in her room.

Elsa usually wants to sleep on me and sometimes I wake up and can't breathe because she's a heavy cat so I have to gently roll her off onto the bed

annamariesmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used to, but my husband and I have a twin sized bed so there's no room for them
But one kitty sleeps right next to the bed on my baby changing table, and one sleeps down near my feet till my husband kicks her off.

pariscat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As soon as my Baby Carrots are big enough to climb the stairs and jump into my bed, that will just be H_E_A_V_E_N !!!!

Right now they are not even big enough to climb over a matchbox.........

pariscat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Panda:  all those kitties in your bed ??? Must be just ........... mmmmmmmmmm..................

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes.
I only have 3 cats and they all sleep with me by choice. Miagi sometimes sleeps with my parents but in the morning he's usually in my bed. But I am sure he tries to wake me up early to be fed lol. Tiger always sleeps with me.  He knows I am his person and isn't in it for food! He's a snuggly boy!

Angel will usually sleep on my feet.

Last edited:

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah. Larry has his routine. As soon as I turn off the lights, I hear him munching on a little dry food, then I'll hear that little "prrft" (that little trill) as he jumps on the bed. He'll come over for a little kiss on the head, then turn around once, then lie on the other pillow, facing me, with his paw out touching me. So cute and comforting. Of course, if my boyfriend is over, that doesn't happen, because Larry hides..... not fond of other people, that one. :D