Do you sing to your cat?

serenasmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HannahJ

My husband and I always sing to the cats. It probably makes them feel like royalty because we always try to amuse them. We made up silly songs to each other all throughout our life together, and sometimes I burst into silly songs at work--but thankfully I have bosses and co-workers with a sense of humor.

Does anyone else do this? We make up lots of different melodies and when we find a good one we stick to it.

The song for blossom goes like this, "what a lovely lady lady lady you are! pretty eyes and pretty paws, special lovely lady."

The song for Billy goes like this, "B-i-l-l-y, he's our fella man! He knows how to play and where the trouble is. Billy! Billy! He's a loving inspiration."

Also I recently bought some conga drums and I will play a drum soundtrack when they play or fight with each other while my husband narrates: "the rare white panther of the serrengeti has found its prey and moves in for the kill. . . " we laugh for hours, but we really like music and dittys.

Anyone else do anything similar with their babies?
I always sing "Amazing Grace" to my baby kitty Serena. When she was very sick at about 4 months old, I started singing it to her, and she'd stare at me and blink her eyes, and purr...
She loves it, and I do too!