Do you sign cards with your cat's name?

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I said "sometimes", though the rest doesn't really apply. I don't only do this for other TCS members or cat lovers. I do it kind of randomly.

When it IS a fellow cat lover, like hubby or my parents who know the pets are their grandbabies, not only do I sign their names, I make the pets sign it!

I don't only do this with the kitty, I do it with them all. And we all know animals wouldn't normally mark something with a paw print, so, here's way more than you needed to prove I was crazy- I make them mark it a more natural way! The dogs I make lick it.
I know! Just a little spot, can't really see it.
Or if that doesn't work, I do with them what I do with Evie- I make them bite it! Then the chins I have chew a bit off the edges.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last Christmas we pretended the cats wrote us xmas cards, so we wet their paws and pressed them to the card to make muddy kitty paw prints. It worked pretty well.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually sign all my furbies' name on Christmas cards, and when corresponding with other cat lovers who "understand".

I think that this year I'm gonna have my Christmas cards specially made, b/c I don't feel like signing ten cats' names to all of them!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Of course .. I once traced Kandies paw to sign the card
That's so cute!
I love the idea!
I'm gonna have to buy an inkpad!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I usually don't sign their actual names (got too many critters) but for fellow pet lovers, I will sign mine and hubby's name, and "the kids"

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I voted "sometimes"

For my parents (we live with them for the time being - darn student loans!) not only do I sign the cat's and dog's name, but I find the "from the cat" and "from the dog" cards for bdays, mother's/father's day, xmas, easter, etc usually those cards are spot on for my pets/family and they get signed "Purple Kisses Love, Cuddles" (my black lab is part chow with a spotted tongue) and "Purrs and Bunnykicks Love, Oliver" and I draw a little paw print from the dog and a little cat face from the cat

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do for special occasions, no matter who it is, but not with everything I send. Some things are just from me.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I was having this discussion with Chester&Piper, and said that in RL I would never sign a card with my cats' names, but I have when sending to TCS members. It got me wondering...how many of us sign cards and letters with our cat's names?
I also sign their names to credit card bills and mortgage statements and contracts of all kinds.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sign my boys names to my cards, unless they've gotten their own cards for whoever it's for. They always give cards their own cards (with cat-appropriate motifs) to DH and my nieces.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chester signs cards for family and close friends. He does not like ink on his paws so I have a paw print rubber stamp to use as his signature.

Last year I ordered custom postage stamps with his picture on them to use on holiday cards.

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Indeed I do...and Ringo is even on our address labels.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

If it's people I know really well, or people who also love their cats like I do, I sign the cats names as well.

If it's people who don't care for cats, I don't bother.

Edit: And if I sign the cats name, I draw little paw prints next to my x's.
Same exact for me too...complete with paw prints

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My soon to be MIL loves cats, so why not. A few of my other friends think it is silly but cute (they love cats too) and some people I would never do that with. They dont get the cat love thing...

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes! Most people have to hear all about them all the time so it`s only right they sign cards and put kisses and footprints

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depending on who the card is for, I always sign all of my pets names usually.

And next to their names, I draw a little pawprint, a carrot and a millet stick for the bird

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our critters have always sent their own cards to some of our family/friends. Certainly Daddy and Mummy get cards from the kids as well as from each other -- it's interesting how their paw-writing changes depending on which human helped them.

Other than Mummy and Daddy, they send cards to those humans they feel closest to. They always sent cards to their grandparents, and they had a card for their Uncle Rupert the other week.

Neither of us admits to giving them an allowance, but they always seem to have some money to spend on gifts for us, too.
Maybe they sell the mice they catch..