Do you see yourself differently in the mirror and in pictures?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most definitely! I'm more of a fan of my image in the mirror out of the two, then wonder how it gets so "ughh" in pictures! :lol3:

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I get along fairly well with mirror-me. Mirror me can convince that yes, that top is actually flattering. Picture-me, well I'm convince picture-me exists solely to make me feel bad. Truthfully, I'm not terribly photogenic. I'm the one who blinks, who's looking away, etc. I always joke that our wedding photogrpaher as well worth the money because she actually managed to make picture-me look good.

So far I have the running record for longest time worked in my office with the fewest number of pictures. The last scrapbook one of my colleagues did she had to resort to using a pic of me from a trip our families had taken together. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't take decent pictures. There's something with my eyes....I can't explain it. I swear I am looking at the photographer, but when the picture is printed, my eyes (and thus my gaze) are usually focused to the right of the camera. I take after my Mom that way....we used to tell her "Look at the camera!" and she would say "I am!" but when we saw the picture, Mom's eyes looked like she was focused on something to the right of the camera. We don't know what causes it, but I'm doing the same thing now. It's annoying (to me).

And I have issues with self-esteem. After years of being told that my sister is the "pretty one" by my mother, I've given up. At Rick's birthday party last year, my sister and I were sitting at one of the tables and Rick's mom remarked at how much we two looked alike. She said that people can certainly tell we're sisters. And Mom, bless her heart (not), said, "I can't believe you can't tell the difference! Pam's not as pretty as XXXXX (my sister's name). And she never will be."

I try to be the person taking the pictures now.