Do you respond to telephone surveys?

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on the do not call list for marketing calls. I do get calls for surveys and charitable donations. I usually tell them I don't have time to do a survey and hang up. For donations I say I can't help now and hang up. I donate to a few very select local charities and want to limit it to that.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tell them to wait a moment, than put the phone in the fridge.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I answer the surveys. I used to let the telemarketer go through their whole spiel and act like I was interest and ask a bunch of questions and ask them to go over something from the beginning again and then say "ahh no thanks" and hang up!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Sometimes I answer the surveys. I used to let the telemarketer go through their whole spiel and act like I was interest and ask a bunch of questions and ask them to go over something from the beginning again and then say "ahh no thanks" and hang up!
hahah!! I did that! you know sometimes ask you for surveys on the streets?!

well he went over it like 3 times because i pretended i didnt understand, then i told him " i have to think through it for a week before i fully want it" by then he was annoyed and left his number!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what it is:

1. Banking surveys from my bank....yes;
2. Survey to see if I qualify to participate in a research study that pays money;
3. Survey put on by our nursing college.

Anything else I ask them how they got my phone number, tell them I'm not interested and to lose my number. I'm nice about it though because years ago when I was in high school I used to be a telephone solicitor and I remember how rude and mean some people can be. All the person is doing is trying to make a living and there is no reason to just be rude, mean or just hang up. Kindness can make someone's bad day a whole lot better.

Years ago I remember getting a call that asked for "Mrs. <insert my last name here>". Without thinking I said "I'm sorry she's dead. Who's calling?" See I'm single and my mother had died some 10 years earlier, and for some reason when they asked for "Mrs", I thought they were asking for my mother for some reason.

Anyway, the person was so stunned that they didn't know what to say. They stammered and stuttered and apologized and hung up.