Do You Regret Getting Rid Of Anything?

mrsfishy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I regret having sold all of my oldest son's outgrown clothes. I don't know WHAT I was thinking but it didn't even occur to me to keep his very first outfit that he wore home from the hospital, his first pair of Nike's, etc. I sure wish I had those for keepsakes now.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Photos are SOOOOO hard to get rid of! Of course I had a really easy time of getting rid of the ones of my ex.... but that was it. They breed worse than wire coathangers. And babyclothes. I did keep Alex's very first pair of shoes (mum has them put away safe now) and his tiny socks from when he came home from hospital. Good grief what clodhoppers he's got for feet now though!

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I throw everything away! When we moved here to this house ten years ago it was full. Over the years we got rid of lots of old stuff and its so much easier to keep house without so much stuff. I am in the process of throwing stuff out now, we are moving in December and I realized the other day we arent going to have much to put in the new house. I really hate clutter so its easy for me to get rid of things.

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Am I the only one who can have a piece of string for years getting tangled in a draw, only to have a good clear out and throw it away, only to need a piece of string just a few days later and wish I'd not thrown it out?

It's not always just string, this is an example, it's happened a few times, with a blob of Blue Tak or old labels or ......... well i could go on. but you get the picture.

sumosmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oz'sMum

Am I the only one who can have a piece of string for years getting tangled in a draw, only to have a good clear out and throw it away, only to need a piece of string just a few days later and wish I'd not thrown it out?

It's not always just string, this is an example, it's happened a few times, with a blob of Blue Tak or old labels or ......... well i could go on. but you get the picture.
Oh YES!!! That's why I always like to save everything! And then when I get sick of all the clutter, inevitably I need the very thing I just threw away!
What is that, Murphy's law?

mommalori

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm. I don't throw out much but I do kinda miss that guy who waited on me hand and foot.
I don't think hubby would want him as a maid though....

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago, I threw away a bunch of old letters from old friends, boyfriends, etc...I wish I would have kept them because I'm a big memory freak. It's fun to sit down occasionally and reminisce.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a difficult time parting with things, which is why I have a friend coming over to help me out for the next couple of evenings in preparation for my move next week.
She's an AMAZING friend!