do you pick your cats color or sex?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't pick. I normally let the cat pick me. I've found most of them. Puff I adopted. Even then I didn't really "pick him". He was at the pet store and they were about to take him back to the shelter because no one was adopting him. They thought he looked too old and many people didn't want a long haired cat. I was afraid that if he went back to the shelter he would be euthanized so I took him.

I do like long haired cats. I don't know why really. But I like to spend the time grooming them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was seeking a tortie or calico when I got Trout...there weren't any in town for a while at pet stores or shelters..I would call around every day to see if anyone had them...finally someone had this little tortie baby..the only one. And I drove there and scooped her up

NOW, since being a member of TCS, I wouldn't get another cat from a pet store though, and I will be getting an adult next time, same age as Trout..whenever that is...

Oh and I am not proud of this, but we wanted a male because the neuter surgery was cheaper
...BUT we fell in love with Trout and couldn't turn back...BTW don't worry, I would never pick sex based on cost of surgery ever again!!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even when we try to pick a cat it doesn't work out... Well I sorta picked Sneakers but mainly just took her in because she needed a home. I love pure or mostly black cats but didn't much care for the "tuxedo" look, although now that I have Sneakers the tuxedo cat I really like it!
I was helping my brother pick a kitten, he wanted a black female Maine Coon but breeders kept only having males, or they were black-and-white not all/mostly black, etc... Finally he ended up picking a black MALE kitten because the female just never worked out... However I think he will be happy with this kitten because he wanted a really big cat and the males are larger.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went with personality for the most part. Our first kitty, Chloe, we fell in love with off the bat. The second time we wanted a male, orange tabby and ended up coming home with his white and orange sister.
She picked us - what can I say?