• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I live about 7,700 miles/11,000 km from my hometown

We'll be back there eventually though
Which state are you from? I've only been to two states so far NSW and Vic but I really need to go to Brissy!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much. I was born/raised in Memphis, TN and I now live in Bartlett, TN....it's literally just up the street from Memphis. It's all still in the same county too.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. Born in Manchester, Connecticut. Moved to Rutland, Massachusetts when I was in 7th grade. Went to college in Rutland, Vermont, and now live in Concord, New Hampshire. Out of them all, I like New Hampshire and Vermont the best. I would love to move back to Vermont one day, but my fiance, who grew up in Vermont, doesn't want to.

musicalbookworm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had to move where the job was--common place with the academic life. I am currently about a six hour drive from my family. I would like to live within 3 to 4 hours of them (or even close I suppose.) I kind of wish my first job had taken me to a totaly different part of the country instead of just one state south of where I grew up.

Angie

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I now live in a different hemisphere!

I was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and 3 years ago I emigrated to the United Kingdom

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Born and raised in greater Phoenix area of Arizona ... Left at 17 and last visited at 18 ... I think I am 1100 miles away ... before landing here I was in Nebraska and Colorado

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I do not live where I grew up, however, most of my extended family still does. I originally moved for college.

rayjiano

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
By hometown, I will shorten the list and assume it is, where I grew for the longest period of time.

I grew up in Hooksett, NH and have since lived at:

- Wichita, KS
- San Antonio, TX
- Biloxi, MS
- Anchorage, AK
- Wichita, KS
- Washington, D.C

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born in Hopatcong, New Jersey and lived there for the first 17 years of my life.

When I was 17½ or so, my parents moved to Kannapolis, North Carolina and I didn't have too much of a say in the matter. I had always planned on going back to New Jersey when I graduated the next year, but I ended up meeting Rob ~4 months before graduating and ended up moving in with him in South Carolina.

I'd give anything to move back to New Jersey and back to my hometown. It was so beautiful there
Unfortunately he's not as open about moving elsewhere as I am.

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live about 10 minutes from the area where I was raised. I had to go all the way out to Montana and back to West Virginia to learn there truly is NO place like home!

Oddly enough, 3 generations of my family live on the same street

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes. I claim Knoxville as my hometown. We moved here when I was 7 and I stayed until I graduated high school. Then I spent 12 years away for school / the military / jobs in New York, Georgia, Texas, and Virginia. I moved back to Knoxville in 2003 and have been here ever since. I started on my Masters degree in 2005, so I'm fortunate that we not only have a place I can go back to school (UT), but several places I can (hopefully) get a job after I graduate.