Do you like your hair?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every morning I wake up, have to use hot rollers just to give my hair some type of style, and it still looks like crap all day...........It's very thin and straight........am I the only one in hair hell???

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to like my hair...it was long and thick and easy to make do anything I wanted....

I dont know what happened
now it is so fine, its just I have to give it a pep talk just to get it out the door in the morning!!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'd suggest straighting it, Susie. Then hair always looks SO pretty when its straight.

I do like my hair, most of the time. Everyone tells me its so thick. They like it till they have to brush it!
My hair never looks good in any style but down, and I hate it down. It always gets in my face, and because its so thick, it makes my neck sweaty. Every type of hair has its good and bad points.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love my hair, though it is quite fine, i like it because it's long and i have to use straightners on it every morning, otherwise i would have the hair from hell

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It took me until a year ago to finally accept my hair. I have INCREDIBLY thick hair and it's also wavy. Hairdressers are always talking about how much they love my hair and how people would kill for it, but all I would ever think was how I would just let them have it. Unfortunately I still haven't learned to embrace my wave, so I straighten it everytime I wash it. But, I feel good about it once I straighten. I love my color though and wouldn't trade being a brunette for anything!

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my hair. I have long brown naturally curly hair. (Which I highlight of course not 100% content
) It will do anything I ask of it. It will curl when I want and straighten when I want. But my hair does need some expensive hair products
Only downside.

Tricia

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

I do like my hair, most of the time. Everyone tells me its so thick. They like it till they have to brush it!
My hair never looks good in any style but down, and I hate it down. It always gets in my face, and because its so thick, it makes my neck sweaty. Every type of hair has its good and bad points.
I love my hair more now than I did before I cut it. I have ALOT of very thick, naturally wavy hair and I've had it below my shoulders since 1988 in various lengths (I just looked at my graduation pics a couple weeks ago - it was one length down to my bustline!!!!!!
I miss THAT!)

But last Sat I decided it was time for it to GO, and I told my trusted stylist, "chin length, lots of layers." She convinced me that btwn chin & collar would be more flattering, and she's right of course. Blown out straight w/a round brush it's FABulous, and even if I slack and don't dry it, it's cute and more flattering than drooping around my shoulders.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like the colour as i'm naturally blonde but in other aspects we have a love/hate relationship.

it refuses to grow, does not respond to conditioning treatment and never looks any good until the morning AFTER the event i had wanted to style it for.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
youre all lucky
i have very thin hair and i wish i had it thick.
I dont straighten it anymore because now i got a 1200 watt hairdryer
I'm still trying to figure out a hairstyle that would look nice on me

katson7

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate my hair!
It's too thick and curly, and at the moment it's fairly long. I cant do anything with it....except when I staighten it. I used to even iron it straight
....pre-ceramic straightener days. But ironing it and constantly straightening it took its toll, and seriously damaged my hair. So, now I have come to terms with the curls, and just straighten it for 'special occasions'

Ps - I envy people with straight hair!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, too, have incredibly thick, but straight, hair. Any hairdresser I have ever gone to says I have enough hair for 3 people. I love my current stylist to pieces, and right now I have a short cut that I can blow dry and style in about 4 minutes without even using a brush. Needless to say, I also hate it. It's too short for my taste, but when it gets longer I really hate it, because it does whatever it wants to, and that's never anything good.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It took me until my freshman year of college to come to terms with my hair. I have VERY thick curly hair. I used to try to straighten it, but on a good day it took at least 45 min. to blowdry. I just didn't have that kind of time.

Hair dressers never know how to cut my hair so it looks good. I am VERY picky about who cuts my hair. FINALLY I found a hairdresser who specializes in my type of hair. He is expensive, but he also cuts my hair right.

I know have short - medium length hair, which I can wash, toussle with mousse, and go. About an hour later when its dry it looks fabulous. Some days I wish I had hair that was easier to straighten or experiment with different styles, but overall I can't complain.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair is one of the things I like best about myself. I have medium thick dark wavy/straight hair (I can easily wear it either way). It's naturally shiny and soft. The only drawback is I have to wash it every day as it tends to get oily at the root (and I have a few grays peeking thru)

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now that I don't wear it long, my hair and I get along better. For the most part, it is straight but, underneath at my nape and temples, it is frizzy.

Fortunately, my hair is thick and strong and has survived many years of coloring. I gave up on perms, about 15 years ago. I got two bad ones, in a row and said, "To heck with it!" If I need curls, I own 3 sets of hot rollers and 5 curling irons.

These days, I have a wash-n-wear collar-length layered cut. I'd rather sleep an extra 20 minutes, than fuss with my hair. For nights out, I'll break out the blow dryer and curling irons or just wear a wig.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah i like my hair?!

It's short and for that reason i have to go and get it trimmed every 5 weeks because for me it goes out of shape easily and looks a mess if i go into the 6th week

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. It's long and thick and coarse and dry. It never lacks body; it not only doesn't need to be washed every day, I wouldn't dare, because it would never settle down. But that's a good thing, because even doing next to nothing with it after a shampoo, it adds almost an hour to the proceedings.

I love that it's long -- down to my butt -- and Rob loves it, too. But I can't wear it down much, because I'd spend my life brushing out the knots that develop, and as the bones get older and creakier, putting it up gets to be more of a chore every day.

I really have mixed feelings. I don't want to cut it. But I'm tired of feeling beat up after five minutes of fighting it into a knot on top of my head. And, I'd really like to be able to stick it under the shower whenever I feel like it, not just on the day when I have an extra hour to spend on it. The day is coming.

Oh, well, I wore it short for years and years -- I know short styles work on this face, so at least I don't need to worry about that.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am ok with mine, it was very thin in my youth but now has some body.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just cut 4 inches off. It still doesn't curl the way I want it to. It's fursterating.

eva-loves-cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate my hair, i wish it was more blonde and better quailty (its keeps falling out and feeling like straw- although it is getting better lately).

God and I hate the way it gets so knotty and its impossible top brush, or the way it goes fuzzy and big.

I tend to wash it as much as I can and use special products to help my hair. I also couldn't live without my GHD hair straights and my good hair dryer...really couldn't bare to be without them!

Eva x

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katson7

I hate my hair!
It's too thick and curly, and at the moment it's fairly long. I cant do anything with it....except when I staighten it. I used to even iron it straight
....pre-ceramic straightener days. But ironing it and constantly straightening it took its toll, and seriously damaged my hair. So, now I have come to terms with the curls, and just straighten it for 'special occasions'

Ps - I envy people with straight hair!
That sounds like my hair! I'd been blowing it dry to straighten it for the past three years, but got disgusted with how dry it got, and had it cut shorter two weeks ago, and am letting it air dry. The problem is, it's so thick that even that takes about two hours, even though it's short, and I have to wash it every day, because it sticks up all over the place in the morning.