Do you like black cats?

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by AuroraViva
Did you know, that while in most of the world, black cats used to be considered "bad luck," in some places WHITE cats were bad luck? Can't remember where, it may have been Russia. A long time ago, of course . . . I thought it was an interesting factoid.
Oh no! don't say that
i have four of them now!

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A big black cat found me about this time last year - I know the stories of black cats being associated with witchcraft etc, well all I can say is utter rubbish!!!!

Ferdy is the sweetest, cuddliest and most affectionate of my 3 cats - he was a stray who had been hurt, and who would not have been here if we had not taken care of him and got him to the vet.

Hubby was adamant - sayin no more cats, 2 are enough . . . but it was actually HIM that suggested we adopt Ferdy. I'm so glad we did as I love the big old boy to bits.

Basically I don't think it matters what colour or breed of cat it is - all cats deserve love and a good home, and good luck/bad luck stories should not really be believed.

luv those paws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love all cats. Even the hairless ones, but I prefer hair!

My very first cat was a long haired black cat names Sabrina, and I currently own an almost all black tuxedo named Trouble. When I got her the people I adopted her from said it was hard getting her a home because she was almost all black. Their loss, she is a little lovey!

frisky feline

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I d love to have a black cat.. I haven't own a pure black cat yet. Maybe someday! who knows!!

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My sister, Kathleen, had a black cat named Alexander. He was so beautiful and huge. The vet said he was one of the largest cat's he had ever seen. Not fat, just large. He was very social and when people saw him they would actually ask if he was a cat, because of his size. He was 15 years old when she had to put him down due to cancer. He was the best cat with the greatest personality. She really his death hard and did not get over the loss for years. She still cries when she talks about him. My sister is the one who talked me into adopting Max, she even paid the adoption fees for me.

Max's Mommy

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, thats a really sad story about Alexander

Your sister sounds like a great person!!! I hope she has found a new companion!!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Yola
A big black cat found me about this time last year - I know the stories of black cats being associated with witchcraft etc, well all I can say is utter rubbish!!!!

Ferdy is the sweetest, cuddliest and most affectionate of my 3 cats - he was a stray who had been hurt, and who would not have been here if we had not taken care of him and got him to the vet.

Hubby was adamant - sayin no more cats, 2 are enough . . . but it was actually HIM that suggested we adopt Ferdy. I'm so glad we did as I love the big old boy to bits.

Basically I don't think it matters what colour or breed of cat it is - all cats deserve love and a good home, and good luck/bad luck stories should not really be believed.
and what is wrong with witchcraft....wicca is a very good religion. This is the second post i saw on here today that says witchcraft like it is a dirty word....

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks Nunny, Kathleen now has one pure white kitty named Cleopatra (Cleo)and two cocker spaniel litter mates named Isabella (Bella) and Bartholomew (Bart). They are her children, as Kathleen and her husband John can't have any (human) children.

Max's Mommy

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my black cat is associated with witchcraft since his owner is a witch
He's my familiar

Funny story though- the shelter we got Onyx from was getting all kinds of calls from people looking for kittens, but who wouldn't take Onyx because he was all black and 'bad luck'.