Do you let your kids on the table?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mine go on the table but not the counters. i dont not let them on the sides but they chose not to apart from 1 who will not eat with the other cats so will only eat up there. but other then that they dont . the table and sides would be throughly cleaned weather or not the cats got up there or not i dont see a problem with it . as for sleeping with you , what is the difference? you cat could have had a nice **** in the litter box steped in it while covering come lay on your bed while your asleep and stick his/her paw near your mouth lol. so i dont see the difference. btw as far as i know that hasnt happend.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nope, they're not allowed.

That's not to say they haven't tried. Mistoflees (when he was younger, I don't think he could jump up there now) would get on the counter if I had chicken or turkey up there. He did that 1 time when we were eating, he got swatted after that!

The only reason Sneaky will get up there is if there's a food dish up there. We put the food dishes up after they've eaten b/c Sneaky will eat, and eat, and eat (you get the picture). She figured out how to get onto the garbage can, and then onto the counter, so the food dishes don't go up there anymore

They do sleep on the furniture. And they get on the beds at night too. Mistoflees will sleep with one of the girls. Sneaky wants to sleep in our bed, but she takes up most of the bed (then gets mad when we kick her off)

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

... as for sleeping with you , what is the difference? you cat could have had a nice **** in the litter box steped in it while covering come lay on your bed while your asleep and stick his/her paw near your mouth lol. so i dont see the difference. btw as far as i know that hasnt happend.
Or this same sweet kitty might just walk across your kitchen counters and such...so, no way, that's not cool in my home. I keep a water sprayer in my kitchen and spritz any of them who try...they know better.

Hilda >^..^<

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I let them on the table. Although Peaches is the only one that does it often. But I must admit.... if the right company comes over I try to keep them off.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

The last time we had company sitting at the dining room table, Pixel came bounding through the room, jumped onto the table, then onto the shoulder of the innocent guest in front of her, then onto the top of the curtain rod behind him. After living through that, I can't imagine how they could embarrass me now.

The quality of this pic is bad, but it illustrates what Pixel's motivation for her little gymnastic routine described above. The point is to get up on that moulding near the ceiling. The DR table is below that light. Note the saggy curtain rod

Reminds me of our past cats who - in order to get to the top of the corner broom closet - would scale the curtains of the window next to the closet, walk the curtain rod to the closet and jump up. The kitchen clock was also there so we'd have a clock with a live cat tail pendulum.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are not supposed to get up on my tables....yet i always find the little stinkers sneaking up there
I always make them get off of there when i catch them. I have a feeling that when i move the girls to Colin's house too they'll try and get on the countertops here. (they don't do it at my duplex now because there is virtually NO counterspace....it's rediculious. / But at Colin's there's a decent amount so i'm hoping they don't try to get up there. I do NOT like animals on my tables or countertops reguardless of how cute they are. It is just not sanitary where i am preparing food. So if i catch them up there i make them get down and clean off the surfaces really well.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I try to keep her off but cant always. I do it motr for her safty, hot dushes, sharp abjects and all that. She does get to help me wash dishes though. She loves to play with the water.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tribe has the run of the house. They are the main reason that I bought a home in the first place. I was fine with renting, but most of them were just too nutty about pets.

If anyone wants a visit, all they have to do is invite me, and I'll go to their place.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didnt even read the thread, and I took the title quite literaly. I must admit, my cats do go on the table, on the counters, in the sinks and wherever they please. We have a window(s) by everyone of those things so they enjoy sitting and looking out.

My baby boy also sits on the table
lol, we only have two chairs at the table, so when DH and I eat together we sit him at the edge of the table

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually only Ichi gets on the table. He managed to steal a drumstick and he was hooked!
He's being trained to behave so I expect that someday my tabletops will be cat free.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's gross to let pets on tables and counters. I don't walk on the table, why should my pets? It's completely unsanitary.