Do you laugh out loud like this?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes, we look at videos, images, browse sites when we have down time (like I am here!) on our own here at work.

My coworker.. is a chatty, talk to herself type of woman. She likes to grab attention with random things she says (pink flamingos, anyone??)

So.. my coworker would be looking at something on the computer, by herself.. and gaffaw. Not just a light chuckle or giggle that I do sometimes on something I find funny, but a loud gaffaw.. it's almost as if she wants to grab our attention (as she always tries to do).. it gets annoying because no one wants to give her that attention and she'd continue!

I think I would be embarressed if I busted out laughing my head off at work!

How about you guys? Also, how would I ask her, nicely, to shut up? lol.

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This cracked me up! :lol3:

A friend of mine does this all the time and I can't help but laugh. If I were you I would just laugh along with her and comment about how loud she is laughing jokingly, and maybe she will laugh more quietly? :lol3: I'm not very good with things like this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
This cracked me up!

A friend of mine does this all the time and I can't help but laugh. If I were you I would just laugh along with her and comment about how loud she is laughing jokingly, and maybe she will laugh more quietly?
I'm not very good with things like this.
lol.

My other, sarcastic coworker tried this, and she got offended! she's the type that gets offended. oi.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The girl who sits beside me at work is very loud!  And when she laughs, my ear rings! Literally! It's like she's trying to compete with a stereo set at 10 for volume,and let me tell you, she beats it easily!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
The girl who sits beside me at work is very loud!  And when she laughs, my ear rings! Literally! It's like she's trying to compete with a stereo set at 10 for volume,and let me tell you, she beats it easily!
same here! Annoying, isn't it?!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! This thread tickled me to bits. Up until very recently, we had a co-worker just like this! She was so very extroverted that EVERYTHING she did was loud. She would even make loud noises of exclamation during company meetings!

Most people would actually avoid her for embarrassment's sake, but l actually quite liked her - although l can't say l've never cringed while in her company, lol.

She was let go recently, so this thread just brought it all back 

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I frequently do this but I'm at home so there is only me and the cats but they do look at me strange and i do embarrass my self, i've also told myself off.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This situation sounds exactly like me.... when I was an infant. My dad always tells me the story of how he used to bring me to his friend's house when him and the guys were hanging out. This was around the time I was learning to stand on my own, and I would constantly grab onto a table and pull myself up, trying to stand and maybe stumble a few steps. Being a rolly polly baby, I would fall a lot. I would start crying as loud as I could until my dad would come over to comfort me. However, according to my dad, if nobody came to coddle me, I would simply stop crying and go back to playing. It sounds like that is in essence what your coworker is doing, laughing really loud in the hopes that someone asks her what is so funny.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like AJ, I am always laughing at home, but I would never do it in a work setting.... ok, I might slip if something was REALLY funny :lol3: When I read the Stephanie Plum series I was always laughing as I was reading and my mom would laugh at me for laughing, then she read the books and understood.

As far as your co-worker, could you maybe ask your boss to talk to her?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will laugh out loud at home on the computer, sure. Sometimes DH will come see what's so funny.
The other day I was reading an article about how some blind people are good at echo location, so I closed my eyes and started clicking my tongue to see if I could discern any differences in the sounds (not a chance). When I looked around both cats had woken up and were staring very intently at me! :lol3:

Your co-worker sounds quite annoying!