Do you know where to go?

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a 24 hour vet in town and it's about 5 minutes away. I have only had to use it once so far (Thank goodness).

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup, it's about 2 min. away! VERY expensive of coarse. Thankfully they have been helpful with phone info for my sick kitties!!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes - my vet is an emergency vet and she is on call for her clients 24/7. She lives an hour from me and 30 minutes from her clinic. I would always try her first but if not there's an emergency clinic 10 minutes drive from my house but I prefer not to go there

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, there are three within 10-20 minutes of my house and I know where they are. I've only been to one of them, though, about 20 minutes away. It wasn't for my own cats, but a foster kitty. We made a number of visits there because this particular e-vet is also a critical care center for sick/injured pets and my foster kitty had a broken paw that required surgery to repair.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by greycat2

We have a 24 hour vet in town and it's about 5 minutes away. I have only had to use it once so far (Thank goodness).
The nearest e-vet is about 5 minutes away. I believe my regular vet has an on-call doc all the time, but the e-vet clinic is closer so it would depend on what the emergency was. If they got sick and needed to go, but it was the weekend, then I would try my reg vet first to see if they would come in. If it was urgent I would just go to the e-vet.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have a 24 hr emergency near me. However the 2 vet clinics in town have Dr on call.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one 10 miles away. Phone number and address are on a magnet on the fridge, and the number is programmed into my cell phone.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I know too! My vet surgery is open 365 days a year and have a 24 hour emergency service and are about 5 minutes down the road! Number is also on speed dial if something ever happens I know that I can be on the phone in seconds even if I am a bit panicked! Good question to ask!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when I got my cats, I noticed my vet's office had a listing for after hours ER services (my vet's open 7 days a week, but not 24 hours per day). I decided to do a dry run, and first time round turned west rather than east on Ogden and got myself a little lost. The next week I had to take my boy in on a Sunday night and was very very happy I had done the dry run so I knew exactly where to go. It's about 10 minutes away, unless traffic is horrendous. Sure, the ER vets are expensive, but I figure I'm paying for availability of both expertise and equipment at odd hours.