Do you hiss or growl?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sullaford

I am awesome at meowing.
I've got Patches meow down pat...to the point my boyfriend has yelled at her when it was really me!

sullaford

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I've got Patches meow down pat...to the point my boyfriend has yelled at her when it was really me!
Bravo!

ali3912

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well iv tried hissing and growling at my cats but they just sit there looing at me as if im insane and then carry on doin what it was they were doin before... they dont seem to take alot of notice of me really. except when i have food of course

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or you could just buy a piccolo...that gets my kittys' attention!

Yes, I do hiss at them. It used to be ineffective until this eccentric clarintetist taught me how to do it properly. Now, I can hiss with the best of them!

yangdemei

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried with Mitts, but it just made him worse! So now a big "no" is all he gets and it works 80% of the time (he's still a kitty!)

What is a gutteral hiss and how does a clarinetist help?

lj_cox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hiss at my cats when I'm seriously displeased at them. They stop what they're doing and usually take off, so it conveys the message I'm trying to send!

Linda C.

iarecrystal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't hiss or growl, but when one of my kitties is doing something that is not tolerable (Like playing with the christmas tree, too!) I will make a sound that is really hard to explain. It's like a "slsssk" sound I can easily make and they know right away to look up at me and then I will say "no" etc. I also have a sound for when I've got something good to show them (Treats, new toy) and they will all gather 'round to see what I've got.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

We use the pssssst sound when discouraging behavior. I've tried hissing but they don't pay attention. My growl is not offensive. But the psssst is a very sharp sound that they know what it means.
Same here, my hiss is no good, and I don't growl, but a good pssst gets their attention just fine!