Do you have to get paid OVERTIME?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

There should be a local office of your state Labor Board. They should be able to tell you what classification you fall under, and what the overtime rules are for you.
Hmmmmm ok thank you

NOTE:
*I hope I don't get them into trouble over this

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Hmmmmm ok thank you

NOTE:
*I hope I don't get them into trouble over this
Their accountant/payroll is required to know the laws, so it's not the company that would be in trouble.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Their accountant/payroll is required to know the laws, so it's not the company that would be in trouble.
Actually they have a company called Pay Choice do their payroll... they make the checks out for us and everything.. if it was a law..
wouldn't they have said something about it?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Actually they have a company called Pay Choice do their payroll... they make the checks out for us and everything.. if it was a law..
wouldn't they have said something about it?
Not sure who they are, but I would think they had to make sure all the laws were complied with if they are administering the payroll.

I'd give the local office of the State Labor Board a call. You have to look out for yourself in the business world.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Arizona mandates OT, for anything over 40 hrs per week. You also have to get a 15 minute break, for every 4 hrs worked AND at least 1/2 hr lunch break, if you work more than 6 hrs, in a day.

Call the State Labor Board. AZ employers are notorious, for not paying properly and for having people working off the clock. Last year, I got a nice little windfall ($400.00) from a former employer, because they made us come in and log onto the computers, before we clocked in. The Labor board nailed them for over $350,000 in unpaid wages.