Do you have snow tires on your car yet?

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually we use studs, but the tires that are on now are pretty much worthless for traction. The studs are totally worn off. So right now we're ordering some snow tires from the tire store. I think they'll probably be coming in next week. :)

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't need them down here in SW Florida!    And I sure don't miss them.   

Actually, we did have snow flurries here in 1978 --- enough to coat tops of cars. 

Schools opened up to let the kids out who had never seen snow.   It was quite an

experience and made headlines in the newspapers.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We get the occasional snow here, but we don't have snow tires, here.  We have "mud" tires.

Of course, since it hasn't rained much lately, right now we have "dust tires."

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have some heavy duty monster tires on both vehicles plus they have 4WD so actual snow tires arent needed. If anything they need to make 'ice eater' tires for around here lol. I think last year the ice was worse than any actual snow we got. I can handle driving in snow, its the ice that makes things a billion times worse..that at the stupid idiots on the road who dont know how to drive in snow.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not sure if we have such a thing here,I saw an advert the other day for a brand of winter tyres I have never seen them advertised before,I think people over here are beginning to realise that we need things like this because of the bad snow we had last year.I am dreading it,I will be working at my new job going to peoples houses as a carer and I have to drive everywhere,I haven't been driving that long and I am pooping it
x

Yeah we have them here :)

We havent changed ours over we dont normally but after last years snow i think we will be not sure when though