Do you have siblings?

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two older siblings, my brother is 3 years older and my sister is 7 years older. I am very close to my sister (she is married with two kids) and sort of close to my brother. He has struggled a lot with drugs although he has gotten himself back on the right track and is going to college. He is just generally a quiet person who isn't open about his feelings. I see him at least twice a week though, same with my sister.

My husband has two older brothers who are both married and one has a child. They both live about 2 hours away but we usually see each other every other month.

Leslie

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the oldest and love my siblings
We may fight and go thru times every now and again, but we are family and love each other.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the oldest of three. I am 26, my brother is 24, and my sister is 14. My brother and I grew up together, but even as children we were never very close. I loved books and fairy tales and playing pretend and he loved playing sports and games outside with other boys. One of the only things we did together was play board games and things like Legos and Lincoln Logs. We grew further apart as we grew older because of trauma in the family and our different personalities and interests. We were never really cruel to each other just... distant.

My sister was born just before my 12th birthday, and in a way I was like a second mom to her because of the time I spend feeding her and changing her and bathing her and rocking her to sleep, etc. But, I moved out of the house when she was only about 7 years old, so we lost some of that bond. We are getting it back now. I have a lot in common with my baby sister.
I am happy to be here for her and to help her in ways that she is embarrassed to ask my mom for help.

My brother and I have been growing closer over the last year, exchanging phone calls and e-mails and finding that although we are very different personalities in our reactions to problems and our approaches to life, we actually DO have a lot more in common than we thought. Our shared childhood is only one of those things. We like similar films and we are both tech heads. We are starting to become friends again. My brother is a very good person and I am happy to be related to him.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am an only child. My parents were 43 and 52 when I was born. I was unexpected.

I hated being an only child. My father died when I was 17. He was nearly 70. My mother lived to be 85. I had no close family. My mother's only sister lived out of state. She had two grown children when I was born. My father had no family.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Technically
2 half sisters and a step sister

half sisters were 13.5 and 15.5 yrs older than I and lived with their mom... some relationship when I was little but not much

Step sister 7 yrs older could have had a relationship but bad timing...

Two "baby" sisters no blood relation but their dad is my "papa " and raised me .. they are 12.5 and 15.5 yrs younger ... some relationship but distance is a problem

Raised by mom as an only

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm the only one
...That I know of. I was raised by my mom and never met my dad.