do you have ipods?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chiclett_33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
for the ones with the earphone problems?? are they like connected to the ipod shuff? you cant just buy different ones and plug them in?? i dont kow how the shuffles work in that earphone thing..just wondering if you could switch or if the e.phones are a permenant attachment

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chiclett_33

for the ones with the earphone problems?? are they like connected to the ipod shuff? you cant just buy different ones and plug them in?? i dont kow how the shuffles work in that earphone thing..just wondering if you could switch or if the e.phones are a permenant attachment
I'm going to ask my friend about this, because I do like the Shuffle, and may consider buying it in the future. I just need to be able to use different earphones.

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have the 20 gig ipod and I use different headphones on it because the ones that came with it kept falling out of my ears, and i kept getting left and right mixed up and it does matter with those. I dont know where someone got the idea that only those earbuds work with it, but I am here to say for sure 100% no, you can use any other head phones just as long as the jack fits. It is the same size that most cd players and walkmans use. never had a problem. And I love my ipod. I have found while the stuff that goes with them is very expensive, other brands have ipod stuff as well. I got a kit for $50 at best buy. It had a car charger, a cassette tape that lets you play your ipod through your car speakers (note: I think any product that lets your play your cd player through your car will work as the plug goes into the headphone thingie. I dont think you have to spend that much for it to work.) Some hookups for a home stero, and a couple of other cords including a firewire of some sort. The only ones I was interested in was the car charger and the car adapter. Hope that helps! I wanted an ipod color but i couldnt wait long enough for it to come out! so I just got the black and white one.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not an Ipod - they had battery issues when I got my MP3 player instead I have the Creative Xen 60 gbyte player. It's great. I've got our entire music collection on it and bags and bags of space to spare (I was erring on the side of caution when I bought it)

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can use any headphones you want with an iPod. It's a standard jack.

I've also heard that iPods that work on a Windows platform have more problems than iPods that work on a Mac platform. Mine is two years old...it's one of the one with the buttons across the top...and other than it freexing and needing to be reset a couple times, I've not had a single problem with it. Does anyone know if this is true?

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

I was going to get an iPod shuffle but I tried my brother in laws and the ear buds don't fit me and they are sooo uncomfortable. He told me that the iPods only work with the ear buds (is that true)?
No it isn't true. My husband has a pair of earphones from another store and they work fine with his iPod.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

You can use any headphones you want with an iPod. It's a standard jack.

I've also heard that iPods that work on a Windows platform have more problems than iPods that work on a Mac platform. Mine is two years old...it's one of the one with the buttons across the top...and other than it freexing and needing to be reset a couple times, I've not had a single problem with it. Does anyone know if this is true?
I don't know. I haven't set mine up to work with our Mac yet. I do know we haven't had any issues with using it with Windows.