Do you have any real life ghost stories you can share?

spitfire

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When we lived in London as kids my brother went into a downstairs room and screamed 'man in big boots', 'man in big boots', he saw a man dressed like this and old fashioned army dress standing in the doorway. Our house stood on the site of a battle between the Roundheads and Cavaliers in the middle ages.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh my Jenny!!!!
I know...I have this paranoia of looking in the mirror and seeing something that's not really there. I can handle it if the apparition is in front of me, but I know if I were in that situation I would've peed my pants.
I don't like the idea of something reflecting that's not really there (especially if it were pointing at me too!)

You should see me too after a night of watching ghost hunters or Most Haunted. If I get freaked, I'm washing my face at night as quickly as possible!

timestreason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree about the mirrors. One time I was watching Unsolved Mysteries (another good show) there was this one story about how a woman kept seeing a ghost (woman) in this one mirror, finally she freaked and put a cover on it. Then one night a burglar broke in when her husband was away, and her jumped her when she was trying to see what happened, they strugged infront of the mirror, then the man accidentally pulled the cover off and the ghost was there, and he freaked out and ran off. apparently it was the ghost of a woman he had murdered a few weeks before. So, naturally, I'm very cautious when I'm looking into mirrors...especially at night. *shiver*

Oh! Also, Sometimes I hear things...like the tv or music. Now, I think I can blame this on the neighbors since I think they have a tv set outdoors, but I'm not sure. In anycase, all the sounds seem to come from inside the house. I remember several times thinking that mom was up during the middle of the night and watching tv, so I'd go out and sit with her...but the tv was off and mom was in her room. This happened VERY often, and I don't think the neighbors would be watching tv outside at 3 in the morning.

And one more thing...a lot of times I'll feel something at the foot of my bed. It hasn't happened lately, except for last night. It used to happen on a nightly basis, whether my door was closed or not. Sometimes it feels like a cat is walking up and down my bed, but when I look, nothing there. Also, the bed shakes (even if I don't have a frame..when it's just the boxspring and matress on the floor) like a dog/cat is at the foot scratching their ears. That's what happened last night. I was laying down, had my eyes closed, then the bed shook a little, and I opened my eyes thinking Gemma had come up and was scratching herself...uh...no. She was on the other side of the room. Always when I open my eyes the shaking stops.

And no, no cold spots in my room :p However, I can't stand it if I don't have a blanket covering my legs, even if I have pants and socks on...I HAVE to have a blanket covering them, otherwise I feel vulnerable...like the blanket protects me or something.
I've ALWAYS been like that...(especially when I was five and I thought that there was a robot coming to eat me...but it was only the air conditioner
...and yes, I was fully awake...
)

Haha, I love this thread,

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaleetha

Was this in Butte by any chance? Just wondering since there are supposed to be a lot of haunted houses in that area.
No it was in Livingston right next to the train tracks.

One thing I love about having cats in the house... Is because I can blame away strange noises on them!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to get really freaked out a lot at that apartment I mentioned.. The first night we moved there I drempt it was haunted and it took me a while to recover from the dream.

This one is kind of funny actually.. Once I was freaked out so I pulled my mattress into the living room under the table and decided to sleep there. I woke up in the night and OMG theres a man/appartition, in the kitchen!! I start freaking out, yelling MOM! Theres something in the kitchen!!! I'm soooo freaked out and hiding under my covers. Then my mom comes out and I get enough nerve to look real good. He's still there (you know things are supposed to dissapear when your parent arrives). So I keep looking and looking... well
its the moon shining through the trees on the wall, it was in the shape of a man hunched over!! It was so perfect and creepy, yet it was most definitely the moonlight.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first husband was the only person I ever knew that smoked Vantage cigarettes. After he died, every time I was about to make what would turn out to be a bad decision, I would find an open pack of Vantage cigarettes somewhere where no one else had been, in my bathroom, my car. I found 4 of them on the day I married my 2nd husband, one tucked inside my flowers. Turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. After I finally came to my senses and hooked up with my current SO, I didn't find one for years. (They always liked each other.) I got really angry at my SO awhile back, and was considering leaving him. I couldn't take the computer games from the literally from the minute he opened his eyes until he just had to get up and go to work, then after work until he could no longer keep his eyes open every single day for a couple years. I found a pack of Vantage in my locker at work. That REALLY made me angry, but I stayed. Things got better. About a month ago, I had a dream about my first husband, and he told me I was grown and did not need him to watch over me any more, It made me a little sad.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

My first husband was the only person I ever knew that smoked Vantage cigarettes. After he died, every time I was about to make what would turn out to be a bad decision, I would find an open pack of Vantage cigarettes somewhere where no one else had been, in my bathroom, my car. I found 4 of them on the day I married my 2nd husband, one tucked inside my flowers. Turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. After I finally came to my senses and hooked up with my current SO, I didn't find one for years. (They always liked each other.) I got really angry at my SO awhile back, and was considering leaving him. I couldn't take the computer games from the literally from the minute he opened his eyes until he just had to get up and go to work, then after work until he could no longer keep his eyes open every single day for a couple years. I found a pack of Vantage in my locker at work. That REALLY made me angry, but I stayed. Things got better. About a month ago, I had a dream about my first husband, and he told me I was grown and did not need him to watch over me any more, It made me a little sad.
That has got to be one of the most romantic things I have ever heard!!! If I was at home I'd be crying happy tears but I'm at work and they already think I'm a sissy. But that is so sweet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, how cool is that?

Originally Posted by krazy kat2