Waiting in a line of people
Having to deal with people
and I aint to fond of bugs either
Agoraphobic?

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katherine, us Southern gals have the RIGHT to be afraid of cockroaches/palmetto bugs- they are HUGE down here!!!
I guess my biggest phobias are the future of this country (no joke) and being a crime victim (consider it a job hazard).
`

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Katherine, us Southern gals have the RIGHT to be afraid of cockroaches/palmetto bugs- they are HUGE down here!!!
I guess my biggest phobias are the future of this country (no joke) and being a crime victim (consider it a job hazard).
`
Goodness don't I know it Amy!!! Those things are about ready to take over the world they're so large!!! They do say that if there was a nuclear holocaust all that would be left are cockroaches and twinkies. The gross little buggers.

I'm with you on the one about the country. I love it here, and our present conditions makes me quite sad.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, spiders especially and moths if one comes anywhere near me i start crying because im to scared to do anything, also, anything samll that moves quick!!!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Goodness don't I know it Amy!!! Those things are about ready to take over the world they're so large!!! They do say that if there was a nuclear holocaust all that would be left are cockroaches and twinkies. The gross little buggers.
I'm with you on the one about the country. I love it here, and our present conditions makes me quite sad.
Amen to that. I could say more, but I'll leave it for the IMO forum

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a phobia of certian medical situations. This isn't a FEAR, it's a diagnosed phobia. I've been to several doctors and even a pyschiatrist, but nothing has helped so far (except sedatives, but that's not really helpful in the long term). If a doctor or nurse so much as pricks my finger to draw blood, I'll faint straight away. Needles (that are putting things in instead of taking things out) are ok, though. And blood is ok as long as it came out on it's own (like, I can deal with injuries to myself and others with no issue). Unfortunately, this phobia is the result of an unpleasant/traumatic experience when I was about 10.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sick/being sick & sick people - in case I catch it

I've actually had hypnotherapy for this which kinda helped.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a slight phobia of needles. Everytime I think about getting shots or giving blood someday, I get chills up my spine. I just don't like them.

I have a phobia of dogs that are looking at me and:

1) Looks mad or upset.
2) Looks hungry.
3) Looks like he wants to slaughter/eat/maul/kill/murder/tear me apart.

My worst phobia, however, is a phobia of WASPS! AH! I hate them, and it's a big phobia. Been that way all my life. I run out of the room
or avoid them on my way in. It may sound silly or childish, but, that's my fear!

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since I don't go out often, I forgot.. speaking in front of people is also something that I can not stand. I guess I am an agorophobic social phobic with a little paranoia on the side with a side of fries.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate snakes!!! I positively can not stand them. The thought of being near one..nonetheless looking at them, makes my skin crawl. I cant even look at their scaley little nasty bodys without freaking!!

I also hate small cars...I guess thats a reaction of my car accident. My sister has a 1994 mustang gt...and I hate it. I feel like I am suffocating. I think its because the car closed in around me?? I suffer anxiety from it..and had to take zoloft for awhile to help. That accident was 3 years ago this month, and I still get anxious when cars pull out or change lanes near the side of me!! I drive my husband nuts...I will sit at an intersection until I deem it ok to go...he yells at me all the time for it. Whats funny...is the intersection it happened at, I live about 1 mile away. I take the long way home because I hate it so much!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cirque

Since I don't go out often, I forgot.. speaking in front of people is also something that I can not stand. I guess I am an agorophobic social phobic with a little paranoia on the side with a side of fries.
I hope there's lots of salt on those fries!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by diane8704

I hate snakes!!! I positively can not stand them. The thought of being near one..nonetheless looking at them, makes my skin crawl. I cant even look at their scaley little nasty bodys without freaking!!

I also hate small cars...I guess thats a reaction of my car accident. My sister has a 1994 mustang gt...and I hate it. I feel like I am suffocating. I think its because the car closed in around me?? I suffer anxiety from it..and had to take zoloft for awhile to help. That accident was 3 years ago this month, and I still get anxious when cars pull out or change lanes near the side of me!! I drive my husband nuts...I will sit at an intersection until I deem it ok to go...he yells at me all the time for it. Whats funny...is the intersection it happened at, I live about 1 mile away. I take the long way home because I hate it so much!!
I can completely understand the anxiety after an accident!! I was in an accident 5 years ago, then got rear ended a couple of months later, then literally got ran off the road last year! Brendan had a really hard time dealing with my anxiety at first, but he's a lot better with it now. It does still bother him though. So
to you on that one, I definitely can relate!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a serious fear of those grated stairs, flooring and those great big storm drains. I also have a fear of really narrow stairs. I've literally had to be carried up and down them because I freeze up. This is the big one and all other fears pale in comparission.

I'm also terrified of Dalmation dogs, my cousin had one growing up and it was mean. I still haven't gotten over that fear and just avoid them. Thankfully that fear hasn't spilled over onto other dogs.

Also cenipedes, no animal should have need of more than four legs, just creepy.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I can completely understand the anxiety after an accident!! I was in an accident 5 years ago, then got rear ended a couple of months later, then literally got ran off the road last year! Brendan had a really hard time dealing with my anxiety at first, but he's a lot better with it now. It does still bother him though. So
to you on that one, I definitely can relate!
I am glad I am not the only one who experiences that!!

musicobsession

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I forgot: being smushed on the highway by an idoit semi-truck driver. I freak out when I pass them, especially in construction zones where there are cement walls along the highway. ACK! Add rain to the mix and you can see the terror that was my drive home from trying to adopt a dwarf hamster (unforunately they were all gone by the time I got there, and it was a 35min drive across the metro. would have been nice if they'd have more than one public phone line so it's not always BUSY!) meep!

musicobsession

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

Oh, my! I HATE that!!!!
LOL And I think Kansas City is known for horrid drivers. Add that to the mix! I feel like a freak I will stay behind the truck in the other lane, then we get to a straight part and I zooooooooooom until I am in front of it and hopefully do it before the next curve.

G

ghostuser

Originally Posted by musicobsession

I forgot: being smushed on the highway by an idoit semi-truck driver. I freak out when I pass them, especially in construction zones where there are cement walls along the highway.
The 3 am drive home home from my ex's house, who lived an hour away..... Of course the freeway was always under construction, and that time of night there were only semis on the road.
I kicked it into high gear to get past the trucks as fast as possible!

And I know about being afraid after a car accident. I had been driving 3 months when my first car was totaled. (Wasn't my fault.) I started hyperventilating after that when I drove alone. The one time I had friends in the car, and the car right next to me brakes gave out and he ramed straight into the person ahead of him.
I freaked, and my friend had to drive me home. It's funny, but after that I was fine, even though I've been in two accidents since then.