Do you have any of your state flowers at your house?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

True, the Dogwood is a tree, but it is designated as the Provincial Flower:

I don't expect it would take much talking for the landlord to agree to it -- that's not the issue. The issue is we won't likely live here forever, unless at some point we were in a position to buy the property, so we don't plant anything that we'd be sad to leave behind. Well, one exception to that, I guess: we did plant a yellow rose for my Dad while he was living with us, and I'd be sorry to leave that, but it would be a lot easier to take it than a tree would.
I know the Dogwood blossom is a state flower, I was simply pointing out the Dogwood tree is Missouri's state tree. Just like the Hawthorn blossom is our state flower but it's also a tree and probably someone's state tree somewhere

As far as planting, I meant that I wonder if your landlord would himself be willing to plant some dogwoods, not necessarily you. But I do understand why you don't. Sorry I didn't explain myself well

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup california is the poppy! We dont have any, my grandparents used to i think. i just remember as a kid visiting the state missions we were told to not pick the poppies, it was illegal! So i stayed away from them lol

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked it up and found out that purple violets are the Illinois state flower. Fortunately, it's one of my favorites (and one of the few I don't routinely kill) so I have a bunch of them already and plan to plant more this weekend. And that's not even counting the wild violets that have taken over the lawn.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuneBugBear07

Yup california is the poppy! We dont have any, my grandparents used to i think. i just remember as a kid visiting the state missions we were told to not pick the poppies, it was illegal! So i stayed away from them lol
I picked some on a walk we took the first week we moved into our first house and our neighbor informed us, nicely, that it was illegal to pick them. Oops! Haven't picked them since. I tried to grow them and they died. I can't grow anything.