Do you have an mp3 player?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I must be the last person on earth who doesn't have an Ipod or MP3 player

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Could you tell me some sites to get songs from? I'm looking for some (really) old ones like Billy Holiday and Nina Simone. I have them on cassette and I want them on MP#.
Sorry- this is a public site and I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing that type of information, besides the system I use is hardcore geek technological and required me spending a bit of time cruising tech forums for advice

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

I have a 20G original iPod which I got dirt cheap when they discontinued the line. Works like a dream, thankfully its chunkiness means that it still works despite me dropping it- which is why I would never get a Nano

In actual fact I am in a brilliant mood today as I just converted some rare tunes I got hold of in flac to mp3 using some free software so am feeling like a geek God
The nano should be able to withstand dropping moreso than your typical iPod because it's flash memory (i.e., no mechanical parts) as opposed to an actual hard drive (i.e., lots of mechanical parts). That's why nano's are so popular for those who work out, also why they can be made so small and lightweight.

Anywho, I currently have a 4th generation iPod, not video, still a black and white screen and 20GB. I got it for free.

I really want one of the Nano's, but am still thinking about it. My current one works fine, but if I upgrade, I'll give my current one to my mom. She'll love it.