do you have an evil mother-in-law

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even tho I'm not married to my SO, his mother hates me....and she's never even met me!

SO and his ex divorced over 25 yrs ago but this "dear lady" is constantly warning him that if he even dates anyone, he'll go directly to Hell cause he's having an extramarital affair and in the church's eyes you're married for life. I am the Scarlet Woman who is tearing him from his family.
It doesn't matter to her that the ex-wife started cheating on him 6 years before he left her. His sister has the same beliefs so we can't even spend Christmas together since he has to be at her house for the holiday. Its the only holiday he spends with his family. Every other holiday is spent with my family where he is welcomed.

5catsandcountin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, but I divorced her son after almost 11 years and I am much happier now with 2 GREAT MIL's

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a wonderful mother-in-law. She is just the sweetest woman alive who is happy her son is happy. And she likes me for who I am not just her son's wife. His whole family are great people. Mine on the other hand can be a bit loony.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so fortunate...I adore all of my in-laws. They're all very sweet, and funny, and a ball to be around. I'm actually counting the days until my MIL and FIL come back north from Arizona and we have them close by for a while!

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my MIL is very shy and quiet, but a very nice person.
His family is all pretty nice, some little quirks in between but GOOD people.

Now my other 2 MIL's (this is my 3rd and final marriage btw)

1st one was definitely Satan Reincarnate!
This hypocrit preached about everything from religion, they would go on these retreat trips and she claims to have speaken in tongues (sp?)(what a crock o'****) to how I should take care of my husband, as she swigged down beer after beer, chain smoking and finally when you could get her to shut up she would go to bed. I could write a book on the looney tunes in that family, mostly due to her.

My 2nd MIL thought her son did no wrong. He would use her as an alibi when he would run off and not come back for hours and she would back him up in whatever he said. I called his brother and his wife who were sorta Ok, and his Mother and told them I needed to talk to them about A******. We met up at her house and I started telling them about a dangerous situation he was putting himself and me due to what he was doing. She didn't believe a word I said. Practically kicked me out of the house for telling such lies. She didn't come right out and say this, but walked into the other room where her other son and wife could see her and obviously was motioning for them to get me out of there. As soon as I leaned around the corner to see what was going on she had a split second warning from them and stopped whatever she was doing. I got the message and tried to tell them I wouldn't make up something like this and I could take them to the place that this even happens.
His brother and his wife believed me I am pretty sure, they know how crazy he was/is. Then when I had him arrested for waving/pointing a shotgun around when he was drunk and fighting with me. I went to my sons room to try to get away from him. Big mistake! He followed me still with the gun and his finger inside the trigger part. I ran upstairs after a scuffle where any one of us could've died and called the police. He came up and said he was leaving. He opened the door and all I heard was "get on the ground with your hands up!" being screamed, and there were at least 6 officers in a stance with their guns aimed straight at him. He went to jail. The next day I tried to call his mom and get bail to get him out. So she called me back and told me Sharon, (his x-wife) mother to his 2 grown BRATS, was going to go get him. I told her, no I yelled at her, I am his wife, why would you even call her? I guess I "upset her" by yelling and she called Sharon back and she called me and told me dont ever yell at his mom. I told Sharon I did'nt have time for her and she had no business in this situation so butt out! Then I hang up on her. She repeatedly called back and I picked up the phone and hung it up over and over till I finally left it off the hook. She was a witch too, she even looked like one, literally!
Anyway 2 to 1 in MIL ratings.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MIL #1 was the one from Hell! She had the nerve to come into MY house and tell me how to decorate, what to cook and how to take care of my baby.

She was a hypochondriac, who ran off to the doctor, every time that someone on a soap opera got sick. When I got pregnant, SHE missed a period, started throwing up and ran to the doctor for a pregnancy test. Of course, it was negative.

She thought that I was a terrible mother, because I didn't put a belly band on Richard (good grief, those went out before Pampers) and didn't wrap the kid in layers of clothes. We live in ARIZONA and she thought that he was going to catch cold - in JULY. She really threw a fit, when I taught him to swim, at 6 months old.

Sixteen years, after I divorced her son, she died. My thought was, "Sure, NOW".

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hrmn... well although I'm not married yet - it's in the plans... and I've technically got 3 mother's in law. Fortunately they're all nice!! My other half's mum and her girlfriend and his dad's new wife. Love 'em all to bits!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first `legal' mother-in-law was harmless enough, I suppose. A bit weird, but not evil. She lives in Mandurah which is over an hour from where we were so we never saw her.

My current bf's mother is a doll and I love her, and vice versa - it's a nice change!!