Do you have an Android phone?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If so, our mechanic at work showed me a new app he downloaded.  It's called "Google Sky Map," and if you have your GPS on, when you start the app, it will show you the names of all the visible stars in your sky.  I checked it out, and one bright star last night is actually Saturn!  In addition, it will show you the entire spere of stars.  In other words, if you point your phone down, you can see what's in the sky on the opposite side of the world.  Love it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok now I want one for just that app!
  I'd be using it all the time!!

DH and I dont have smartphones.  Maybe if I was working we would.  Or at least I would.  There are times I think they would come in handy.  But then DH won't even agree to an unlimited text plan for me. 

My SIL gave my MIL an Iphone for Christmas and she keeps calling it an Ipod.  Needless to say my nephew (14) is having fun posting things on Facebook for her... LOL

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked that app out. It was neat.

Ruthy...its part of the Android market place. Blackberry doesn't have it. I don't think rim is even that up to date on that stuff yet.

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's a similar app of the iPhone as well. I don't have it, but my friend does. We used it one night and it was so neat! 

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF has that on his phone and is always checking out what stars and planets are out and where. It's pretty cool. I have the dumbest (slowest) smartphone right now but am soon going to look into getting a new one, and when I do, I'm going to look at the sky too!

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an Android.  It's the HTC Sensation.  I haven't downloaded that app yet but thanks for reminding me ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a similar app of the iPhone as well. I don't have it, but my friend does. We used it one night and it was so neat! 
Any idea what the name of the Apple app is?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's an app I've been tempted to download. The only problem is I've had so many that I rarely use that once in a while I have to do a major "uninstall" just to clean things up.