Do you have an allergy that you absolutely HATE?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

me too...
certain other things are made of latex that I wish I wasn't allergic to, but that's TMI, it's not hard to guess though.....
Yeah its a pain when you are allergic to latex.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisar

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow I can't imagine being allergic to latex.... the stuff is everywhere!

My
goes out to everyone here with these allergies listed in the thread. My mother is allergic to cats which is why I absolutely had to take them with me when I moved out. When we do Skype I get EG to sit on the desk so she can seem 'cause she misses them so. She says she can sleep at night only because they are with me.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did allergy testing due to my chronic headaches, stuffy nose and sinus infections. I'm very allergic to my cats. I take Zyrtec once a day in the p.m., and Claritin once a day in the a.m. (dr. recommended.) I also use Nasonex nasal spray every 12 hours, Pataday eye drops daily, and an albuterol inhaler when needed. I'm severely allergic to walnuts, and walnut tree pollen. I have an epi pen for walnut allergies (eating walnuts makes my lips, tongue and throat swell.) I tested positive to other grasses, pollens and molds, but can't remember which ones. I tried allergy shots for nearly a year, but I was even sicker when I got the shots, so I discontinued them. My seasonal symptoms are less bothersome in the winter (no pollens) but my cat allergies make up for it. Getting rid of my cats will never be an option.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm allergic to most antibiotics (penicillins, sulfa's, cephlosporins, etc). I'm in big trouble if I ever get a bacterial infection and it's very scary at times.

The oddest thing I have is a bad reaction to antihistamines. I know, you take these when you develop an allergic reaction, but I have a weird reaction where my throat closes up, which is a major sign of an allergic reaction. It's a very good thing that I have only minor reactions to pollen, grasses and ragweed, cause I can't take anything to counter an allergic reaction to them.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband is allergic to penicillin and fish. He hates being allergic to fish because we live in the country, near the coast and he loves to fish. He wears gloves to handle what he catches. He loves it too much to quit fishing.