Do You Have A Toilet Paper "Shredder" In Your Clan??

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My girls are typically pretty good about leaving the rolls of toilet paper alone, but they love it when I take out a long string of it and just wave it around, letting them leap for it and feeling the satisfaction of their nail catching a part and hearing the tp rip. But once in a while, when Buffy's in the bathroom while I'm, uh, using the loo, she'll get into some hi jinx, and she'll attack the roll while it's on the holder thing. Then I've got quite a mission in trying to grab some tp that won't fall apart while I, uh, use it. She's just helping to fluff it up, really, but I don't think she understands the relationship between toilet paper and the human butt, lol

Oh, and yes, I watch her shredding the roll and I just laugh and smile, knowing the difficulty I'm going to face when she's done with her fun. So woe is me, lol

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, my Tosh is a BIG toilet paper shredder. If we have a package out it ends up exactly like the pics you posted. We have to put packages behind locked cabinet doors.
Oreo will chew on kleenex so we have to make sure that the kleenex is shoved in the box...not hanging out.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a guy who loved to unroll the toilet paper. He didn't care which bathroom it was and both upstairs and downstairs got tee-pee'd regularly. One time he even managed to trail it down the stairs.

We foiled him by putting the paper on the roller so that it came out on the underside. He still worked out on it, but the house didn't get tee-pee'd.

Try balancing an empty soda can on top of the roll. When he starts to claw, it will fall and upset his plans. It will take a while and he'll probably eventually figure out that if the can isn't on the roll, he gets a freebie.

You can also invest in a small Scat Mat. This gives a small shock when the cat steps on it. It only took three days to discourage our cats from trying to shoot out the door every time it was opened. However, we also learned not to step on it with bare feet. I promise it's not harsh or harmful, and it has three levels of shock, so it works for larger animals also.

Let me know what works for you!

jv

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toilet paper is an honored object to the kitties. They love it, and I've lost many a roll to them.

catzrule40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shadow loves to shred paper towels!!!! With her back feet. her front paws where declawed when she was given to me, but Ive still come home to a paper towel snowstorm!!!