Do you have a mouse problem?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny (in that 'strange' not haha way)

I love our little hunters - and yet have so much sympathy for their prey.

The BF has these moments where he is convinced we have mice in our attic (which, even if it were the case, is completely irrelevant - but it's also unlikely in the extreme) -

So occasionally when our babies perk up, he and they go 'hunting', and all I can think is "We have four cats. Get a grip. It's the water pipes, dude".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

It's funny (in that 'strange' not haha way)

I love our little hunters - and yet have so much sympathy for their prey.

The BF has these moments where he is convinced we have mice in our attic (which, even if it were the case, is completely irrelevant - but it's also unlikely in the extreme) -

So occasionally when our babies perk up, he and they go 'hunting', and all I can think is "We have four cats. Get a grip. It's the water pipes, dude".
No kidding. I've often thought that I've seen a mouse out of the corner of my eye, but then I realize it couldn't be. The boys would dispatch it with haste and then give me a gift.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I thought that you were having problems with your computer mouse!
Me too.....

We had a mouse in our house the year before this last one. I think it stayed in the bottom cabinets before it was caught. My Mom had them in her walls a few years ago and it drove Bunny nuts! She helped them leave...

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I would have been as nice.
I am SO not a morning person. I think I wouldn't have even given one word answers but glared at him while I was loading my gun. <Just Kidding>

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, now that I stopped laughing. I do not know if any of my current cats would know what to do with a mouse, but based on bug huntting skills I would say Jordan and Levi would be most likely to catch a mouse.

My last cat Smokey, now she was an AWSOME mouse hunter. She had been born in a barn & was with her mom till we got her between 8 - 12 weeks. She was 4 paw declawed (I would never do that, but my parents did), and could catch just about any mouse & had a good death snap bite. I'll never forget my dad saying it was strange how the cats food was always in the middle of the walk way. Then one day he went in the basement & saw her sitting stareing at her food bowl. We figured she would move her food bowl into the open, then sit in a dark corner quietly waiting for her prey. Now that cat had good hunting skills!