Do you have a household appliance that you hate?

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My computer..It just refuses to do what I want it to do. It insists on doing what I tell it to do. aaaaarrrrrrgggggg......
:mad 2:
: smash:

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This stupid digital oven that our cheapskate landlord put in. I hate it. Turn the cheesy little knob to raise/set the temperature, or the time, & it always goes backwards & flutters around on everything BUT what you want. At 395, going for 400..turn the knob just a squeak..back to 290!!! Or something.
I make Mike deal with it sometimes, I get too mad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

One appliance I really hate is my dishwasher. It's so lazy I don't know why I ever bought it. I can leave the kitchen in a wreck all day and when I go back in to check, the dishwasher has still done nothing! I see the dishes right where I left them on the table and counter! I mean, this thing is supposed to wash dishes, right?!... right?!!! Well, this useless heap of metal and plastic waits until I'm so fed up that I put the darn dishes in there myself!!! Stupid, lazy dishwasher!!!
And if that isn't enough, I have to put the soap in there myself! You'd think the dishwasher would know to put soap in, but nooooo... I have to put it in!
And when this bucket of bolts finally goes to work it makes more noise than all of my other appliances put together!!! Once, just once... I'd like to walk into the kitchen to find the dishes all done!!! Don't even get me started on the stove!

Just kidding!
Kelly, have you tried asking Frankenfridge to play outside in traffic? Maybe he'll ummmm... have an accident?
OMG----leave it to you, Ryan to crack me the heck up LOL!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our dishwasher - we don't own it, but since we rent our house it lives here. No lies it takes about three hours to wash one load of dishes. Our landlord said it was something like twenty years old or something crazy. The stove isn't ours too, it still has those sticky up elements! LOL! It's a crack up.

I love all the other appliances though. Especially the Fridge/Freezer!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunatley, my dishwasher. It has got to be 20 years old. I have to wash the dishes before I put them in and sometimes after I take them out. Plus it doesnt really get hot enough to help disinfect. I have tried breaking it on numerous occasions so that Base Housing will come replace it(considering the appliances are not ours and if they break, they replace them) but no, they just fix it and tell me it is good as new... yea right.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

...they just fix it and tell me it is good as new... yea right.
It it's 20 years old, it probably is as good as new, or at least, as good as dishwashers were 20 years ago
!

I HATE the new coffeemaker we've got! I mean, this thing is only 2-3 months old and the design of the stupid carafe dribbles when you pour and the unit leaks when you pull the carafe out
! Grrrrrrr ... it's about ruined counter on the baker's rack we keep for a coffee bar.

Also the PAINT on the inside of the microwave started flaking off only a few months after we got it. The microwave itself though, refuses to die of course

Cindy

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh boy let's see...

Well I don't have a dishwasher or a washer or a dryer
so I can't complain about those.

But I hate the AC, stove and my computer!!

We don't have central air, just one lone ac in the living room. And the living room, dining room and kitchen are all one big open space. So the ac has to run for hours and hours to cool everything down.

The stove also doesn't work very well. It is supposedly brand new but it burns everything to a crisp if you cook it at the right temp. If something says cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes we cook it at 325 for 10. lol

And my computer is almost dead. All the time it closes it self out of internet explorer for no reason. I get a million "This program has to be closed" alerts. I'm about to toss it out the window!!

I can't wait to move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm, i cant wait untill we move into another appartment and have a proper stove again. currently we have a camping stove and its um? i dont know screwing up

Next is my washing machine because it does not remove stains i presume because the water doesnt actually get to 60 degrees? and its actually starting to smell.

we bought this washing machine back in febuary from ebay.. its atleast 10 years old. But like i said, when we move i hope it dies so i can get a nice new one from walmart