Do you have a favorite (cat)?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Callie is my favorite probably because we've been together the longest. She's my first cat and we had 2 years alone to bond before the husband came along. She's definitely MY cat, though she tolerates the husband after all these years.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have my heart cat, AKA "Cloud Cat" and really named "Harlow." Then there is my "#1" and "Best Boy" AKA "Little Bear." Then there is "Itty, Bitty, Kitty" (IBK), AKA "Tonya" and "Baby Girl." Also, there is "Sweetie Pie, " with the actual name of "Lily" but also known as "Monster," at times. Last, but not least, there is "Ariel", "The Fog Ghost" but AKA "The Farkel Sister" (as from "Laugh-In" - that dates me).

So, you tell me. They are all my favorite, at any particular moment.

There was a cat, she died a couple of years ago after 18, or 19 years, "Lulu" who I have written about before. I never loved anyone more - human or otherwise. Some of them just get to you like that.

Robin

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all my cats more than life itself, but Nero is my soul kitty. He loves on me all the time, he'll kiss my face for hours if I let him. He sleeps on my head at night, and is trying to get in my lap where the laptop is as I type.

I do feel guilty saying I have a favorite though
But I know I'm on a board where people understand that feeling too and don't think I hate my other two or not love them or something. My other two brighten my life and my day all the time, and have their own little quirks I absolutely adore.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I can't answer the poll, because I have more than one favorite!

Max is my favorite Bengal. He is just so darned sexy and quirky and is my crazy monkey-cat.

Poor Miss Penny is SO sweet and beautiful, but she is very timid. So she's my favorite shy one.

Ferris is my favorite, because he's SUCH a needy lovebug and he has taught me SO MUCH about cats, as he was a feral rescue when I adopted him.

Baby Bonnie is my favorite, because she is a serious velcro kitty with cattitude and shows her love for me non-stop.

Squeaky is my new favorite, because she expresses her love for me in very physical ways, and that just makes my heart swell.

Miss Ginger is my oldest and dearest favorite, because she is exactly who she is, and it's because of her that I have all the others.

And Sissy is my favorite outside cat. I love how she greets me at the top of the walk when I come home, and walks me to my car when I'm leaving. She's my watchcat.
I had to laugh reading this - great post!
That's exactly what it's like for me.

Lazlo is my favorite, because he's such a kook and so crazy, is SO soft behind his ears... and is SUCH a spaz it's just funny... and he was our first indoor only rescue.

But Shelly is my favorite, because he is sooooo sweet and keeps my shoulder and neck warm every night.

Spooky is my favorite needy cat. She also has the biggest eyes and the cutest valentine nose... and she needs us so much!

Tuxedo, of course, is my favorite, because he is our alpha kitty, and often such a little terrorist it's just so funny! But he's also come to LOVE being petted, and is just so sweet about demanding what he wants.

Flowerbelle will always be my favorite white cat. She's old enough now she's not as grateful for being rescued as she once was - but who doesn't love a princess?

Ming Loy is my favorite handicapped cat. The way she weebles and bobbles about is just a joy to watch - because she is just SO HAPPY about everything all the time!

But then Billy's my favorite because he loves me soooooooo much. It took him a long time to start purring - but now that he's got his purr up, it is one amazing rumble that always makes my heart sing.

Finally, Chumleys' my favorite FIV+ kitty. His big fat tom-cat cheeks are just SO adorable. He had a hard life outside, and he is sooooo happy to be inside now. He's still not quite sure of all the dynamics and goings on... but where Billy makes my heart sing with his rumble purr, Chumley makes my heart melt whenever I see that huge smile of his, especially when he's sound asleep - because I know it means HE knows he's safe.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Laurie, your post brought tears to my eyes.

Aren't they all just so special?!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Oh, Laurie, your post brought tears to my eyes.

Aren't they all just so special?!
Indeed, they are!

Of course, we could have just gone with Eileen's answer (substitute correct number
) ...

Originally Posted by eilcon

No favorites here. I love my four equally, just for different reasons - the things that make them unique and the special bond I have with each of them.
...but it's not as much fun! (
Eileen!
).

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tavia was my heart cat but she passed away about two years ago and now Pixie is my only cat nd she is coming very close to being my heart kitty as well and I honestly believe they are both my heart kitties they just touched my heart in different ways.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to! Chynna!
Don't get me wrong, I love Abby to itsy pieces, but there was just something about Chynna that made her my favourite. Probably the fact that she just loved to cuddle and give me nose kisses and would hold my hand at night with her paws and use my hand as a pillow.

Since Chynna went to the rainbow bridge, Abby has really come out of her shell. She used to be so timid and while she loved to cuddle with me, it was always on her terms. Now she lets me pick her up and cuddle her, and she is much more social.

Yesterday when my furniture arrived and the guys were setting it up in the bedroom, Abby was laying on the bed with a watchful eye, but she didn't run off to hide. I was amazed!

nekoha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Butterscotch
was definitely my soul mate kitty! I think I will always believe that she is my absolute favorite, forever. The truth is, I now love Piccalo and Pounce. It is difficult to know if I love them equally. I know that Pounce USED to be my favorite, and I compensated for that a lot. Now, I really don't know!!! There is so much to love about both of them!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't vote in the poll because, like others here, all of my kitties are my favorites...for all different reasons...

Emory is my favorite because she has an amazing capacity for love. She is your typical tortie with attitude, but she had such a tragic start to life that she amazes me every day.

Cassidy is my favorite because she is just so gentle and loving. She is the most easy-going, laid-back cat that I have ever had the opportunity to know. She's just 100% sweet and I love that about her.

Delaney is my favorite because she's always keeping me guessing. She is a lovely girl and is very affectionate. But, she also has a skittish, catch-me-if-you-can side. She acts out sometimes, but she is genuine. She lives in her own world sometimes, but that just makes me all the more grateful that she lets me live in it.

Finnegan is my favorite because he's my only boy and is just precious. He's my baby and is just a ball of fluff. He's so sweet, but such a brat. I adore him.

So, as you can see, they're all my favorites. But, they're my favorites for different reasons. They're all unique and I adore them equally and differently. I'm misting up...I just love them...