Do you have a carrier (or enough carrier space) for each of your pets?

maiseycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's got one, but it has no food and water compartment. Actually it does, but it's not attached to the inside of the box. It's built into the top, and can be removed. I'm not sure what I'd do if I had to drive with her for hours. The box is pretty small for Maisey as it is, and the food/water container won't fit in there with her. I guess I'd put her on her cat leash and take her out of the car to eat and drink routinely.

I have to have her in the car for an hour when I move - that will be interesting, as she hates being in the car. She associates it with the vet. So I guess I have to place her carrier on top of her litterbox, in case she pees in my car. This could be quite messy!

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've got one, but it's not really a cat carrier. It's more of a dog carrier, for a small-to-medium dog (the label said "Boxer," but it's definitely too small for one. Maybe a Sheltie, but it'd be a tight fit). We got it when some young cousins visited and we had to keep Willow confined when they were around (I don't know why we didn't just keep her in a room). It'd be more than enough room for both Willow and Buffy, plus another cat (who knows if we'd adopt another by the time a hurricane hit us). It's got wheels on the bottom too, so if we clip a leash to a clasp at the top, we can just drag it instead of carry it, lol. It has a food-and-water bowl that fits inside the wire door, though it wouldn't be set up during travel (along with the jouncy movement of dragging it, along with both kitties seeing who can bounce around the most, neither food nor water would stay put)

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a cat carrier yet because I can't find one I like. I like the look of some of the dog carriers that look like purses, but they don't seem very practical for a cat. The more practical ones aren't very cute. If anyone knows where I can find some cute and practical carriers that will work for cats and be super-comfy, I'm open to suggestions.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Purr

I don't have a cat carrier yet because I can't find one I like. I like the look of some of the dog carriers that look like purses, but they don't seem very practical for a cat. The more practical ones aren't very cute. If anyone knows where I can find some cute and practical carriers that will work for cats and be super-comfy, I'm open to suggestions.
Have you seen this site?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i do. i have 2 soft carriers, identical, that i use exclusively if taking 1 or 2 cats to the vet. but i also have a 3rd plastic one - they & i don't like it as well, but if necessary, i can pack all 3 of them. don't worry too much about hurricanes up here tho - our problem is tornadoes, & it's not tornado season yet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

I've got one, but it's not really a cat carrier. It's more of a dog carrier, for a small-to-medium dog (the label said "Boxer," but it's definitely too small for one. Maybe a Sheltie, but it'd be a tight fit). We got it when some young cousins visited and we had to keep Willow confined when they were around (I don't know why we didn't just keep her in a room). It'd be more than enough room for both Willow and Buffy, plus another cat (who knows if we'd adopt another by the time a hurricane hit us). It's got wheels on the bottom too, so if we clip a leash to a clasp at the top, we can just drag it instead of carry it, lol. It has a food-and-water bowl that fits inside the wire door, though it wouldn't be set up during travel (along with the jouncy movement of dragging it, along with both kitties seeing who can bounce around the most, neither food nor water would stay put)
Having a dog carrier can be quite useful. A member on another cat site I visit has had major problems the past two weeks. Her cat broke through the "cat net" she'd secured her balcony with, fell two storeys, and broke his pelvis. It seemed to be healing nicely, until he climbed a bookcase this past Friday, jumped down, and broke it again. Many members advised her to buy or borrow a large dog carrier, and to confine him there until his bones healed.
I can't picture a Boxer in a small to medium-sized carrier. Our last dog was a Boxer who weighed in at 88 lbs., and he wasn't the least bit fat. We had a large carrier for him. Jamie doesn't fit into a standard cat carrier (he's too long), and we have a small to medium-sized dog carrier for him. He takes up so much room in it that we probably couldn't fit another cat into it.