Do you guys talk to your cats?

ann demi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, for sure. I've always conversed with my cats. I've noticed that one way they communicate with me (besides types and timbre of mews ) is with the lids of their eyes: subtle nuances of squints and eye closures. Especially my big male, Bear (must have additional nerve endings in his eye lides). One of my favorites is a sensual, rythmic, domino-fall-like, half-squish of lid while gazing at me -- reminds of me of a subtle Pepe La Pew "Oeuu, my cherie, I adore you, I want you" Usually followed (if I'm sitting or lying on the couch) by Bear jumping onto my belly and then kneading me, accompanied by a loud, course throaty purr.

Geez, maybe my husband should learn that tact? :>)

Ann Demi
"Solutions to Cat Behavior Problems"
http://anndemi.a1s2d3.hop.clickbank.net

beatrix426

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I talk to Zoe and Cosmo all the time...half the time I'm telling Cosmo to leave Zoe alone though as he likes to wrestle a lot but everyday when I leave the house to go to work I tell them I'll be back later, that I love them and they should be good kitty's while I'm gone. Then after I get home they greet me at the door and for the rest of the night I'll periodically talk to them lol. *Sigh* I love my kitty's

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I talk to Chester all the time. My mother thinks I am nuts.

And sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the one who when leaving a message on my machine will always talk to him.

Chester talks all the time! Unfortunately most of the time I have no idea what he is saying!

witchykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love reading everyone's cat stories! sounds awfully familiar!

I talk to Broomhilda and Ezmerelda all the time. Broomhilda is always meowing for stuff. She wants me to go to certain rooms with her, get fresh water for her, pet her and so on, so I talk to her about what she wants.

Ezzie I usually babytalk to since she's so cute and cuddly.