Do you go fishing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

I LOVE fishing...but only if someone is with me to put the worms on the hook and take the fish off!! No way am I gonna touch either one!
I don't touch the worms or fish either- thats what JOHN is for!

I'm just fortunate enough to have the big Mississippi river to fish on- there are TONS of fish out there, and many many places to go!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted other because it's been years since I have gone fishing. I used to go with my Grandpa when I was a kid. I'm not sure if I'd go now. I think it was more about doing what Grandpa was doing than anything.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted "other" i've been several times -mostly when i was a little girl though. Keep in mind, the last time i went fishing, i hooked my finger and not a fish
I don't go anymore now because i do not really like to eat fish and since i have won't eat what i catch, i don't believe in killing it or hooking it and injuring it in the process just to toss it back. So i don't fish
If i were going to eat it though or cook it for someone else- that'd be different

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I like to fish, but have noone to fish with!
Come visit me! I'll go with you!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If we are getting hits, then yes I like to fish.If there are no fish biting, then NOPE!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I like to fish, but have noone to fish with!
What would happen if you caught a trout?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

What would happen if you caught a trout?
Thats a good question! What would you do Nat?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am capable of fishing, can bait, hook, catch, etc. Do I like it? Not really. I much prefer to tell people I'm going fishing and head out alone with a camera

I cannot do catch and release - no one is ever going to convince me that doesn't hurt. I don't see the sport in fishing. If you are hungry, catch it, kill it, eat it. Otherwise, just enjoy the quiet. For me, the quiet and nature is the best part of the fishing experience.

Edit: I chose "other"

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a little girl my Dad took me fishing. It was there he taught me about the circle of life. I caught my fish, cleaned it, and then we ate it for dinner. He also taught me that it was bad to throw things in the water because that is where our dinner came from, and we wanted to keep it clean for them.

The theme of my life was started in those fishing trips. I didn't know it then, but it's some of the fondest times I've ever had with my Dad.