Do you get Christmas bonuses?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My company doesn't do bonuses, either. People who worked a certain amount of overtime were entered into a drawing for gift cards and we were given time-and-a-half PLUS a $3 per hour incentive, for working OT. Since I only worked 3 1/2 hours of mandatory OT, I got $11. I don't like that bonuses are tied to OT,as my health and sanity are more important than the OT money. Eight hours a day is about all I can stand in that place.

I get bonuses, based on my sales but those take anywhere from 1-3 months to show up on my paycheck. After 6 months on the job I will get a 50-cent per hour raise and annual raises, after that.

Congress DID vote a 4.1% COLA for VA and Social Security pensions. I will now get an extra $40 per month on my widow's pension, as of this Friday. That's 2 tanks of gas, which is about what my car uses in a month.

My parents will do pretty well - they're both on SS and my dad has a military pension.

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

Just wondering what the bonus situation is for all of you.
I got a pitiful raise this year and my boss just booked a Cruise for next month..

My friends and family say he is cheap for only giving me $100.

Am I being a pushover or is this truly not the spirit of giving to think this way and nobody should EXPECT a bonus anyway??

I do know people that receive upwards of $300 plus or other perks so I don't know what to compare it too...
A what ?

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It depends on how well the company is doing. We had a good year this year, so we got $300.00, before taxes. Some years, if times are tough, we just get a giftcard to a store or resteraunt. Reviews are yearly, and raises are minimal. So I netted $265.00 on my bonus. Which more than paid for my new camera. Oh well, at least I like what I'm doing.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah it's $20 in walmart gift cards... and I work there!!!

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading the replies - I love my company even more now. Our "end of year" bonus is dependent on how the company did with its profit and sales goals - this year we got 3 weeks pay. I am very happy.