Do You Frequent Any Other Forums?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I belong to a gambling forum, but I rarely visit there. Interesting, though, that many folks there have cat avatars. I always want to ask them if they're cat lovers, but it would be kind of off topic.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the only forum I belong to these days and it has been 7 1/2 years here now

I belong to multiple Yahoo groups but rarely post on those.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Which car did you build? I've had several friends build cars from them, too.
a '65 Shelby Cobra

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TCS is my home away from home. Ive checked out a couple other forums but so far NONE come close to TCS. I found two dachshund forums but one has posts responded to going as far back as july or further with nothing recent and the other is shady and irritated me cuz it basically has a section to pimp out your dog...Im not all for promoting that kinda stuff.

Im gonna check out that childfree forum though. I got addicted to 3 blogs when we had that blog thread going. Temerity-Jane is my favorite I spent 3 days reading her entire blog from start to finish...shes hiliarious

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm the admin of a forum of close friends. We chat about cats, about cooking and recipes, and just general day-to-day things. There aren't that many of us, but I cherish them....they are great friends.

I'm a moderator on a news forum.

I post on a Barefoot Contessa forum, although we talk about anything and everything. I "met" a lady from a senior citizen board several years ago and we became good friends. I post on her board from time to time, even though it's primarily retired and older people. They're nice and I enjoy them. A garden and houseplant board. Oh, and a couple of graphics boards for Paint Shop Pro.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Yep, I frequent here the most probably but surf a few others.

www.clubsi.com (been there 10 years, very brutal car forum
)
www.3rdgen.org (been there 9 years, can be a brutal car forum. Met rob on it though!)
www.carolinahorsepower.com (local car site)
www.studioveena.com (pole fitness forum/site)

Going to check out that childfree site if I can find it. Sounds interesting and up my alley.

Edit: I think the ChildFree forum will be my 2nd forum home. Wow!
Im so not an internet stalker but I found you on the Childfree forum...Haha that site seriously has cracked me up and its so refreshing to not feel like the only anti kid person in the world.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, I am going to have to check out the ChildFree forum too!

I used to go to another cat forum all the time but it got to the point where VERY few people ever posted and just got boring. It was then when I started looking for another forum and found TCS!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are other forums on the interwebs?????!!!!!!

I guess I never really looked for other forums cuase TCS was so great... but I'm gonna have to check out the childfree one too

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

This childfree one sounds quite popular lol
I've always thought that it was very interesting that a lot of members here do not have children

the childfree forum part is blocked here at work, so I'll have to check it out at home.

I did think of one forum that I joined but didn't really post much: the CW's America's Next Top Model forum

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a mod on a small forum about crimes in the news and missing persons. But we also have many other topics we discuss like food chat, sharing recipes, our pets, politics, and just general conversation.

www.justicequest.net

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Im so not an internet stalker but I found you on the Childfree forum...Haha that site seriously has cracked me up and its so refreshing to not feel like the only anti kid person in the world.
This has probably been mentioned on that site, but a few years ago AARP (I think) funded a survey of young people about why they wanted to have children. The two predominant reasons?

1) To make them happier.
2) To support them in their old age.

Then they did a survey of their members (a polling service did it, so it would be scientifically accurate). They surveyed members who had children, and those who did not. They found:

1) Those without children were significantly happier than those with children.

2) Those without children were significantly better-off financially than those with children, and that the majority of those with children were still providing significant support to their children well into the members' retirement years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

This has probably been mentioned on that site, but a few years ago AARP (I think) funded a survey of young people about why they wanted to have children. The two predominant reasons?

1) To make them happier.
2) To support them in their old age.

Then they did a survey of their members (a polling service did it, so it would be scientifically accurate). They surveyed members who had children, and those who did not. They found:

1) Those without children were significantly happier than those with children.

2) Those without children were significantly better-off financially than those with children, and that the majority of those with children were still providing significant support to their children well into the members' retirement years.
I can tell you that we are much happier than any of our friends with children & we are also better off financially.

My friends are always crying about how they needed to buy this or that for their kids.

My wife & I enjoy going out to dinner at least once a week. We take spur of the moment trips every now & then & we definately take one BIG vacation a year. Most of the people I talk to say they want to do all that once their kids grow up, lol.

We don't feel we need any children to make us happier, we're very happy with each other as it is & wanting kids for the sole reason of taking care of you when you are older is sort of selfish (in my opinion).

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I do.
Children, like animals and well matched couples, help fill the home, heart and life with lots of love, happiness, and fantastic memories. Life is just better when shared. I grew up in a big and very loving family and feel beyond blessed for that.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Ok, I am going to have to check out the ChildFree forum too!

I used to go to another cat forum all the time but it got to the point where VERY few people ever posted and just got boring. It was then when I started looking for another forum and found TCS!
Yes I too was at a cat forum where there was hardly anyone there and yes it did get boring. People just kept saying the same thing every day and you didn't get much help from them tech or cat wise.

One of my favorite things on TCS is the Tech thread, it has helped me out a lot. The more people, the more help and lots of interesting stories.