Do you floss?

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a good girl, I floss every night. I am so into eating healthy food, taking vitamin supplements, exercise, etc., it would be silly for me not to floss. Flossing is actually good for your heart, you know!! Plaque can buildup on your arteries. I swear, look it up. Flossing contributes to having a healthy heart
and keeps your mouth in tip top condition!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I voted "yes", but I don't actually use dental floss. Our dentist (also a personal friend) is a Swede, and a firm believer in those tiny little brushes, available in various sizes, that you can use to clean between your teeth. Both my husband and I have had better results from using the brushes.
I'm also a little bit paranoid about dental floss, since a friend lost one of her cats after he ate a piece of dental floss that wasn't properly disposed of. An end must have been hanging out of the (closed) wastepaper bin, and he ate it. It cut through his intestines, and he died on the operating table. So if you use floss, be very careful when disposing of it.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats sad tricia.
Teufel gets to any sort of string available to him so i have to be careful as the rubbish bin lid is broken

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also hate to floss and have a quick gag reflex. I do NEED to floss however so I buy packages of the floss that is on little plastic handles and I can move it around all the teeth.

I always found the thread used to cut off the circulation in my fingers.

I also have used those tiny brushes and you are so right about getting stuff the toothbrush left behind. Same with flossing.

I also used to have to have plaque removed every 3 months and since I now floss, I only go twice a year.

With the plastic handle floss I often will just sit and floss while I'm reading since it doesn't take both hands like the thread.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use those little white plastic handled flossers too. Now if I could only find them in cinnamon flavor. I don't floss everyday though even though I should.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
it was that plastic handle brush that made my gums bleed when the floss got stuck, lol. Maybe I was twisting it the wrong way (I wasn't exactly a pro at using it yet, at the time, lol). And my teeth are pretty crammed together, so thats another problem in getting the floss in.

Maybe in the year 7003, human beings won't have teeth anymore, because the only thing anyone will ever eat is soft mushy stuff that come in tubes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
-some interesting replies here and that's sad about that cat dying from eating floss.
I won't be forgetting that. I never knew that some people would have such a gag reflex when trying to floss. It reminds me of when I was a child and could barely wash my own armpits because I was so ticklish. Maybe I should have just stopped washing them.