Do you flea treat your cat?

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We used to use flea collars on Buttons and Patches who were indoor/outdoor cats at my parents, but with my cats now they are all indoor only cats and we are "flea free" so unless we see a problem and find out we have gotten fleas there is just no reason to spend any extra money we dont have to prevent something we dont have from happening.

kitty_lady48

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My guys are indoors only, but Oreo had fleas. I have an exterminator come every month, yet he still got fleas. I used Advantage on everyone. I remember seeing something about a botanic spray that is not toxic. Does anyone know about this?

julya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No flea treatments needed for my kitties so far! They're indoor only kitties. But I live in New Mexico so I'm really lucky! I grew up in East Tennessee and there the fleas, ticks, and mites are soo hard to get rid of...dang things! That's one thing I definately don't miss from Tennessee!

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Really? I haven't heard about Revolution... is it really that better?
I haven't used anything on my youngest 2 yet, but Baker needed revolution when we first got him.
Revolution is good for fleas, ear mites, worms... there might be more...
My Mom uses it on her cats and dogs and its our vets choice out of them all.
Revolution Their site has lots of info

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i treated both Pixel & Mouse when they 1st came to live with me, 8 years ago. i lived in an apartment, & the fleas appeared by magic when the girls moved in. i tried topical, but wasn't having much luck. then they got a 6 month shot from the vet's. this worked great - no more fleas after about 2 weeks ( i treated the apartment at the same time).
when Cable came to us, she had fleas & got 2 flea baths, her 1st 2 days. but my house has all hard floors, no carpet, & i've never had fleas there. so once i killed them on her, no problems. they never go out, so have no chance to pick up new ones. the cats are my only pets.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used Advantage in the past, but not for at least 2 years and have not seen 1 flea.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a all natural powder for fleas and a spray for ticks fleas and mosquitoes much less toxic than the drops and just as effective

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I use a all natural powder for fleas and a spray for ticks fleas and mosquitoes much less toxic than the drops and just as effective
What do you buy and how often do you need to apply it?

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maverick is a flea magnet! i treat the house, i treat her but if i miss a month she will without fail catch fleas. it must be due to either my garden or my brothers friends bringing stoaways in on their clothes