Do you ever...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
look at your cats and think how amazing and wonderful it is that they're so happy?

Maybe it's a stupid question. We're having "evening nap time" I guess, because everyone's napping.

...But Flowerbelle is curled up on the bed, with a big smile on her face. I got up to get Gary some juice, and looked around.

Billy is up in the cabinet, his legs dangling out, looking so peaceful.

Chumley is on the cat tree, splayed out, with an enormous smile.

Lazlo is curled up in a squishy bed on the couch, looking so comfortable and happy.

Tuxedo is curled up on a catnip mat I received as an SS gift from Kelly (Clixpix) a few years ago looking sooooo content.

Spooky is in a cup bed up in the front dash, looking like she's dreaming about something happy.

Shelly is just the cutest thing on the brown sheepskin, with his paws over his eyes, so comfy, all ensconced!

And Ming Loy is on the paper bag in the middle of the living room floor. She's awake, saw me, and I said, "Hi Moojie!" And she curled around on her back, inviting me to pet her belly, stretched out her paws toward me, and started kneading in the air.

I feel so blessed!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats remind me to be happy and content with the simple things in life. Hours of entertainment are to be had with a box, a wad of paper, or a big sheet of paper. When I think of both of my kitties' lives before me, it's amazing either of them are alive, but they are truly happy kitties.

Hannah has her quirks, like kneading on me at o'dark thirty and then snuggling up to me putting her cold wet nose on my back, purring the entire time. She loves to spend her mornings napping on the cat perch and her afternoons snuggled in her floofy bed.

Tumbles is such a delightful little boy. Every night he calls out to us about 30 minutes after we turn out the lights for bedtime. He loves to be where we are and naps with his daddy while he's recovering from his surgery. He loves to run and play and thieve straws out of the dishwasher.

I'm to am so blessed to have these kitties in my life and to be loved by them.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. I watch them in awe all the time. Genever hasn't been on my lap a whole lot in the past few days or week or so, or maybe she was and I just forgot (taken for granted?), but this morning, I was in the computer desk chair, and she was looking up at me, so I crossed my legs indian-style and said Come on up! and she did, and circled around and settled in and just looked so happy and content to be resting and half napping there, the tips of her paws just barely kneading.. I just stared at her, petting her softly, smiling.

Dot, while she looks grumpy while she's awake, when she is napping, she really looks like she is in heaven, whether she's curled up in a ball or sprawled out as far as she can get.

So yeah, I get it.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so funny, because I was looking at Holland earlier and thought about starting a thread to see who else asks their cat "Could you be any cuter?"

Some evenings, when Holland has a good play session she will curl up in her bed around 9:30-10:00, and I decide I need cuddles so I go grab her. I hold her on my chest and she will lay her head on my shoulder and I just sit and listen to her purr...

Sometimes I think I annoy her by just staring at her...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know they annoy me by just staring at me.

And we have 8 of THE cutest cats in the world.
What I mean is... Flowerbelle will be doing something, and one of us will say to her, "you are just the cutest kitty in the whole world!" It could be just a few minutes later, and then Tuxie will do something. And one of us will say, "You are just the cutest kitty in the whole world!"

So I'm going to have to say.... no, they couldn't possibly be any cuter, and there's not just one cutest kitty in the whole world, there's millions (or at least 8
).

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

Some evenings, when Holland has a good play session she will curl up in her bed around 9:30-10:00, and I decide I need cuddles so I go grab her. I hold her on my chest and she will lay her head on my shoulder and I just sit and listen to her purr...
Sooty does the same thing
i can walk around holding him like a baby and he falls to sleep.

The sweetest thing though is when they both curl up together and go to sleep, they purr up a storm before going to sleep

morningrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One block shy of Crazyville, West Virginia
I agree... they are all some of the cutest cats I've ever seen.
I sometimes wonder, why am I doing this or that just so THEY are comfortable... like little Cash, he insists on laying wrapped around my neck... and even if I have things to do (homework) I find myself leaning back so he can be comfortable and trying to type with one arm outstretched.
It must be love

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I love watching them. It doesn't take a lot to satisfy them and they don't talk back like children. Mattie thinks the best thing in the whole world is in my lap. You know Speedboat was my lap cat because he was always the first there and it was understood. However, it didnt take Mattie long to take over.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happiness to me is when my cat's are all happy
. It is just a joy to see them doing ANYTHING!!!!! Napping, playing, cuddling up together, grooming, bird and chipmunk watching, and I even love to watch and hear them eating LOL!!!
I love the noise they make when they are happily munching away. Our kitties are truly a blessing.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

look at your cats and think how amazing and wonderful it is that they're so happy?
All the time

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many times a day. Bijou is so laid back and sweet. I go up to him many times a day and just kiss him and love on him. He loves it! He purrs and closes his eyes, then gives my face a little lick. I kiss his belly, his throat, his paws and he just grooves on it. I had a little nap today and I was laying on my side with him laying on my top side. We slept like that for almost an hour.