Do you ever write to companies?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I've sent emails to companies whose products I like, but I'm too lazy to do snail mail any more.

If there is something wrong with the product I will return it, just like Swampwitch.

I really only email if the customer service sucks or if the customer service was extremely helpful (no one likes to hear all complaints
).
I was glad to see a local store (that was a national name) go out of business earlier this year. They were a magnet for lazy sales floor reps. I think I was emailing their HQ every other visit.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is easy now-a-days to dash off an email to a company to make comments.
My last one was to P&G - the scent in their tradional Downy was smelling FUNKY! The problem is though - I find companies never explain what the issue is, but do send "free" coupons. (It was already paid for by me, I am just getting a replacement, not really "free").

I bought three pairs of underwear for Bali. Fell apart after first washing. Got 'free" coupons immediately. They seemed to appreciate me mentioning there was an issue.

Best thing I got for complaining: A free airline ticket.
A flight attendant was HORRID to me - and I didnt even do anything! She even poured a drink on me. It was esp. bad because I was flying cross country with my sister's cremains for burial in our hometown...so I was already in quite a state. I told her off big time and the passengers around me clapped. She didnt give two $@#%s about what kind of week I was having. I got my company (of 5000 employees) to consider not using that airline either.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I emailed Heinz once because their bottles kept exploding when I dropped them
They sent me a bunch of gift certificates for Ketchup
So that's why there is a "CAUTION: DROPPING BOTTLE MAY CAUSE CONTENTS TO EXPLODE" warning label on my bottle of Heinz.

You are the Rosa Parks of Ketchup.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Tidy Cats (Purina) changed all of their scooping formulas to "Tidy Lock" formula, I sent them a couple angry emails. My cats hated the new formula. The first email I got back from them said I needed to gradually change them to new litter. That enraged me--HELLO, the company didn't tell customers "hey, we're changing the formulas." So I sent another disgruntled email.

Anyway, enough people must have written them. Multicat (red) and AntiBacterial (green) are back to the original scooping formula. My cats are happy now (2 are lifelong Tidy Cats boys). And I'm happy because Tidy Cats has almost no dust.
Everything we had tried in the meantime had clouds of dust. We had been reduced to store brands, so I'm very happy they fixed it.

In the end, they must have realized people won't buy their litter if the cats won't use it.
Let me tell you, my cats are so happy to have their Tidy Cats litter again.